Peeling the liner from film

hi new to the forum and a total newbie to window tint film, basically watched all the videos on you tube, got myself some film, cleaned the windows, sprayed the solution on ,layed the film on cut round the glass no probs then when i went to peel the liner apart from the film a couldnt get it :( tryed with the knife ended up with loads of nail marks in the film, so tryed tape either side got that to work after a few goes but when a pull the tape off it leaves marks in the film ? how do you guys do it ? do u peel it apart abit before it goes near the cars and spray with some solution, ? it looks so simple but how do you realise the clear liner without damaging the film ?

57 Comments

using your teeth is a good way to get started but can ruin teeth after a while but it is the easiest for a new tinter to do.
If you are biting film hard enough to ruin your teeth, you are doing something wrong.
Photo
ClassOnGlass
Apr 14 2010 02:40 PM

If you are biting film hard enough to ruin your teeth, you are doing something wrong.

:thumb

I use a razor to peel the liner :thumb

I use a razor to peel the liner :thumb

yea thats bad advice. use your teeth or thumbprint/fingernail
Photo
scottydosnntkno
Apr 14 2010 03:17 PM
I use the tip of my knife, and have since I started with no problems. It doesn't leave any marks in the film/adhesive, so how is it bad advice?
Photo
Darknesswithin
Apr 14 2010 03:17 PM
Posted Image

Photo
ClassOnGlass
Apr 14 2010 03:21 PM

I use the tip of my knife, and have since I started with no problems. It doesn't leave any marks in the film/adhesive, so how is it bad advice?

exactly
Photo
Darknesswithin
Apr 14 2010 03:24 PM

agreed :thumb
so you pick at it with the end of your blade and it leaves no marks? if it works for you I didnt mean it to be an insult personally I think its a bad habit if another way works just as easy. theres always more then one way to get it done, dosnt mean there all right.
Photo
ClassOnGlass
Apr 14 2010 04:19 PM
well when your working on 100,000 dollar cars it just does not look professional to be nawing on the end of the tint with your teeth in my opinion
I agree that why I use my fingers. I just dont get the knife thing but like I said if it works for you... how exactly do you do it? im open to learn something new

edit- thats funny I checked out your cool myspace page. not one 100,000 car on there so how do you peel the liner on <100,000 cars?
Photo
Darknesswithin
Apr 14 2010 04:37 PM

well when your working on 100,000 dollar cars it just does not look professional to be nawing on the end of the tint with your teeth in my opinion

lol ,, no kidding!

I think it looks goofy when someone uses there teeth,, but whatever works I guess, right.... we all have our own cool way to seperate the film and release liner.
Photo
scottydosnntkno
Apr 14 2010 06:34 PM
all you do is take your olfa and turn it so the blade is parallel to the glass, and slide the tip between the liner and the film. You don't "pick" at it, you slide it between the two layers. Like you were trying to cut the film between the liner and film itself, it it was possible.
Photo
Tint Legend
Apr 15 2010 04:12 AM
Thump the corner a few times and peel with my fingernail :thumb
Photo
ISTHATFACTORY?
Apr 15 2010 05:53 AM
When your ready to peel the liner, spray some solution on one of the windows or a peel board, STICK the cornor you want to peel....Liner comes right off with your finger nail on the STUCK cornor.. Hope that makes sense
Photo
musicmankeb
Apr 21 2010 03:52 PM
I squeegee the tint to the window and then pick a corner and rub my thumb across it while spraying it at the same time. If it's wet, it makes it easier to pull the liner.
Photo
WearTheFoxHat
Apr 21 2010 05:50 PM
I rub my new magic whale pen!s leather gloves (thanks Leo!! ) on the liner side and the liner practically falls of into the trash all by itself. Then I frankie the back glass into place and rub my new magic whale pen!s leather gloves on the film and it locks down reaallly nice.

And if you don't see that I'm just messing with ya you need to pay more attention...

The liner practically falls off into the trash all by itself.......

:boogie
Photo
Tint Legend
Apr 22 2010 04:03 AM

I rub my new magic whale pen!s leather gloves (thanks Leo!! ) on the liner side and the liner practically falls of into the trash all by itself. Then I frankie the back glass into place and rub my new magic whale pen!s leather gloves on the film and it locks down reaallly nice.

And if you don't see that I'm just messing with ya you need to pay more attention...

Hope things are getting easier for you, just keep practicing. :boogie
theres so many different ways to peel the liner.this will go on and on

Couldn't agree more plus you will look like this when old.

Attached Images

• Attached Image: toothless.jpg

Couldn't agree more plus you will look like this when old.

I didn't give you permission to use my picture in this thread! :lol2

all you do is take your olfa and turn it so the blade is parallel to the glass, and slide the tip between the liner and the film. You don't "pick" at it, you slide it between the two layers. Like you were trying to cut the film between the liner and film itself, it it was possible.

Thats exactly how I do it. Once I get in between, I twist the blade a little so the sharp blade side goes away from the film side and lifts the liner up.
Olfa Mushroom Stamp Liner Removal tool....it's new, Scotty will show you how to use it until you get the "hang" of it. :dunno
Photo
scottydosnntkno
Apr 24 2010 04:39 PM
:dunno