snapping a rear glass off the car

made a video and you can see me shrink all windows in less than 9 minutes...snapping a back glass off the car

218 Comments

Didn't really seem that much faster, and what if you over/undershrink? I don't see this working on anything but the flattest of rear windows. :popcorn
I thought the purpose of snapping is to over shrink the film ????

good job though baby........Just wish I would have known that you were filming that way I could have stayed out the way......

and by the way so everyone knows I have already prepped and cleaned the glass for the install........
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 14 2009 09:20 AM
This technique is deffinately not for the newbie! I've been using this technique for over 8 years and have done over a couple thousand using this technique on side doors. This is the first rear glass on a car that I've done and worked like a charm. As I use it more it will become easier im sure. I will be trying a vw bug next...lmao j/k but would be funny to try...even if it didnt work it would make good for a laugh!

This was a chevy malibu and I had done a fusion right before this one. I believe it would of worked on the ford fusion even easier.....

You are right TD! "what if "
Well on the cars with less curve on the rear glass, this is the technique I will be using from here on out.

"You Never Know Where This Will Lead?"
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 14 2009 09:21 AM

I thought the purpose of snapping is to over shrink the film ????

good job though baby........Just wish I would have known that you were filming that way I could have stayed out the way......

and by the way so everyone knows I have already prepped and cleaned the glass for the install........

you got the right babe! over shrinking is snapping.....

good job though baby........

you got the right babe...........

Holy Mother Of Pearl! Get a room already! :popcorn

:lol :thumb
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 14 2009 12:11 PM

good job though baby........

you got the right babe...........

Holy Mother Of Pearl! Get a room already! :popcorn

:lol :thumb

boom boom "shake it" boom booom "drop that bass...."
theres only a handful of cars out there that this would truly work on to where it would be worth putting this into your routine. but I personally think a good dry shrink it the best way. your not going to attempt that on a vette or camry, but it is something worth showing off.
I saw Sarah's Pink Pooch! :cool .. I mean POUCH! Cool! :spit

Didn't really seem that much faster, and what if you over/undershrink? I don't see this working on anything but the flattest of rear windows. :spit

:cool
I'll stick to what I do thank you very much :spit
Photo
FREDSTINTING
Aug 14 2009 04:00 PM

made a video and you can see me shrink all windows in less than 9 minutes...

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=61952145

never really saw you shrink anything video is more like a peel and install video not a shrinking back glass vindeo
He shrank it off the car, on His peel board.
glad it worked out....I would be afraid that you would either not get enough or get too much shrink on a back glass that way.

With doing all hand cutting it will be faster for me to do it my way on the car and I KNOW it is shrank just right for that window. I do my door glasses double and shrink both pieces at the same time when they have to be shrank......
Photo
sunlimitedCT
Aug 14 2009 04:12 PM
Just don't see how shrinking it off the glass will make it easier. You shrink to the contour of the glass not the board. But hey if it works for you go for it....
I am not sure I fell :cool after the first minute and just woke up maybe next time put sum :spit on or explain what you are doing as you go.
:spit
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 15 2009 04:39 AM
sorry guys it wasnt a lesson and for you to truly understand it #1 you got to understand snapping? you have no clue what it is your on a completely different level. will thank you for whtching it and all imput, thanks guys. like I said this is going to be fun for me to see how many cars can be done this way. I beleive ill be able to get about all hondas this way and a majority of easy cars as a fusion, a tl, a accord, and belive ill be trying those harder ones like a maxima with out covering the matrix.

snapping back glasses will be my new thing and keep you posted on how things go, like which cars ive completed.

if your not understanding this process you can check out my other video on myspace or search it threw tintdude.com

thanks again for all imput :spit
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 15 2009 04:41 AM

I am not sure I fell :cool after the first minute and just woke up maybe next time put sum :spit on or explain what you are doing as you go.

sorry mike! im on a much higher level then you and understand why your clueless
Ok I had a few cups of coffee and I watched it now you owe me 9 min and 16 sec.you are defiantly in your own tinting world.
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 15 2009 05:10 AM
vid on snapping/curling/shrinking off a car...

http://vids.myspace....ideoid=30258805
Now you owe me a total of 17 min and 2 sec.
Wait I did not add the time for me to type this so it would be around 18 min.
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 15 2009 05:16 AM

Ok I had a few cups of coffee and I watched it now you owe me 9 min and 16 sec.you are defiantly in your own tinting world.

lmao.. thanks mike
Holy Mother Of Pearl! Clean that floor! :spit And pick that dam heat gun up off the floor! :cool

Interesting video Jeff.....I tried that once....burnt the edges to a crisp.... :cool
Photo
Jeff Rutherford Jax fl.
Aug 15 2009 05:59 AM

Holy Mother Of Pearl! Clean that floor! :cool And pick that dam heat gun up off the floor! :spit

Interesting video Jeff.....I tried that once....burnt the edges to a crisp.... :cool

lmao...cleaning the floor gets hard on a busy day...lol... :cool