12 replies to this topic

#1 expertint

expertint

Expertint

•  2,000+
  • San Diego,CA.
  • Exp: 16

24 July 2003 - 08:02 AM

I have an R&R today of anti-graffitti film on an elevator.I'm thinking about spraying some orange blast to reactivate the glue but don't want to scratch the steel with a triumph scraper.Any suggestions will be helpful.Thanks. :thumb

#2 tintchick

tintchick

here chick chick chick,,,,,,,

•  2,000+
  • Corona, Ca

24 July 2003 - 09:06 AM

We do that everyday, off stainless steel bathroom partitions and elevators,,,,,we just pull the corner off and pull :thumb

#3 expertint

expertint

Expertint

•  2,000+
  • San Diego,CA.

24 July 2003 - 10:00 AM

We
:shockd

we

idn't put this up so I don't know what the glue situation is.DWIWD did the job origanally.What did you use DWIWD??? Sorry this is messed up don't know how to fix it..Don't have all day.

#4 expertint

expertint

Expertint

•  2,000+
  • San Diego,CA.

24 July 2003 - 04:29 PM

I scratched the shiot out of that stainless steel door,any one know about sanding one???It's not been seen yet but if it is I might have to sand it or something.Couldn't budge the glue with Orange Blast and thats all I had with me.

#5 *FastBackJack *

*FastBackJack *
  • Guests

24 July 2003 - 04:32 PM

I know you can buff stainless, I just dont know how. I think you have to use some sort of metal polishing compound and a wheel. Have fun!!! :nope

#6 Protint

Protint

Protint

•  6,000+
  • Dover, Delaware
  • Exp: 1986

28 July 2003 - 02:57 PM

If it is actually graffiti film and not safety film then you should be able to just pull it like TC said. SolarGard changed the adhesive on the graffiti film to make easier to remove. That is what I heard.

#7 *FastBackJack *

*FastBackJack *
  • Guests

28 July 2003 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, Graffitti Gard comes off real easy, no adhesive. I do alot of mirrors in malls around me, and I have never had to scrape adhesive. :lol

#8 Film Maverick

Film Maverick

•  1,000+
  • Southern California
  • Exp: 23

01 August 2003 - 01:34 PM

You must have security film on those doors because I do R & R on those all the time.

#9 DontWorryItWillDry

DontWorryItWillDry

•  1,000+
  • Look! There's DWIWD!!!

02 August 2003 - 02:09 AM

Uhhhhh....Expert, I did not do that job. However, I did tell your office to use a plastic white hard card or chizler AFTER the adhesive was softened with whatever you decide to use.

Thank you very much and hope it works out for you :cool

#10 *metint *

*metint *
  • Guests

03 August 2003 - 09:21 AM

Uhhhhh....Expert, I did not do that job.  However, I did tell your office to use a plastic white hard card or chizler AFTER the adhesive was softened with whatever you decide to use. 

Thank you very much and hope it works out for you :bingo

OOPS! :shock

There is more than one film supplier that offers film made with adhesive that comes off with the film and is specifically for this type of application.

Too bad on the end result here.

:bingo :homer

#11 DontWorryItWillDry

DontWorryItWillDry

•  1,000+
  • Look! There's DWIWD!!!

03 August 2003 - 12:46 PM

I would think all the manu's make easy off graffiti film. What Expert is probably coming across is a really old application or some doo doo head who said he can do graffiti coating and decided to save a buck or so and used regular safety/security film which was in stock. It happens ya know.

#12 expertint

expertint

Expertint

•  2,000+
  • San Diego,CA.

04 August 2003 - 09:45 AM

You're not the doodoo head that did it..I replaced it with LLumar antigraffiti film..Not looking forward to redoing this door again..seemed like CDF adhesive :lol6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users