• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#97 *filmdit *

*filmdit *
  • Guests

24 December 2006 - 01:59 PM

:?

who else has a similar product :hmmm

Every film maker offering 4mil clear with a hard coat. Put Clearplex up against the hardest SR in the industry, see if they truly have achieved a breakthrough in hardcoat technology.

SR coatings are UV sensitive and usually show signs of breakdown around one year in real time. I installed an auto film on one of the qtr windows of a jeep and it began to look bad within a year's time.

This product must have something going if it can take the UV as well as wipers and other environmental elements the surface endures.

It sounds as though it's a clear safety film that has a specialty SR coating, making the SR coating the technological advance?

Edited by filmdit, 24 December 2006 - 02:04 PM.

#98 darkdan

darkdan

•  5,000+
  • Owatonna, MN
  • Exp: Since 03

24 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

That's exactly what it is. Polyester with a special SR coating and some glue on it.

Didn't someone say the new batch has UV absorbers in the SR coating in addition to other places?

Of course, Hanita has had a SR exterior film for a bit now. I think their warranty is 3 years!

Edit: And, who has the "hardest" or "toughest" or "best" SR coating in the industry? And what proof exists that it is indeed the [insert adjective of your choice here]?

Edited by darkdan, 24 December 2006 - 02:21 PM.

#99 *filmdit *

*filmdit *
  • Guests

24 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

That's exactly what it is. Polyester with a special SR coating and some glue on it.

Didn't someone say the new batch has UV absorbers in the SR coating in addition to other places?
Of course, Hanita has had a SR exterior film for a bit now. I think their warranty is 3 years!
Edit: And, who has the "hardest" or "toughest" or "best" SR coating in the industry? And what proof exists that it is indeed the [insert adjective of your choice here]?

I must not of read that part... sounds reasonable. :hmmm

As to hardest or toughest or whatever... tabor abrasion tests reveal this. :?

#100 darkdan

darkdan

•  5,000+
  • Owatonna, MN

24 December 2006 - 02:58 PM

Beware the edges when heating. Too much heat causes this stuff to burn the edge and make lines in the film. They look like micro creases.

Hanita does indeed have a 4 mil ext SR safety film. Someone should start the long term test.

Does anyone else know of an ext designed SR 4 mil polyester (not mylar) film?

I'm impressed at how the Clear-Plex managed to almost completely hide the scratches in my windshield from the previous owner (old lady) not changing the wiper blade in time. The pitting is still there. Thinking of pitting, I'm also amazed at how my crown vic's windshield looks like after only about 5000 miles. Of course, it's 98% highway miles, but that thing is already pitted up pretty badly and several small chips.

#101 lorenzotint

lorenzotint

•  Subscribers
  • N.Y.City Line Westchester
  • Exp: 32 Tint / 11 PPF

24 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

I would use it .. even if it was for a long haul or seasonal use in my northeast... the 3 year lease return cars have noticable wear signs of winter salt on headlight and shield areas ...sucks if you own it.

#102 *filmdit *

*filmdit *
  • Guests

24 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

Beware the edges when heating. Too much heat causes this stuff to burn the edge and make lines in the film. They look like micro creases.

Hanita does indeed have a 4 mil ext SR safety film. Someone should start the long term test.

Does anyone else know of an ext designed SR 4 mil polyester (not mylar) film?
I'm impressed at how the Clear-Plex managed to almost completely hide the scratches in my windshield from the previous owner (old lady) not changing the wiper blade in time. The pitting is still there. Thinking of pitting, I'm also amazed at how my crown vic's windshield looks like after only about 5000 miles. Of course, it's 98% highway miles, but that thing is already pitted up pretty badly and several small chips.

Ah yes... hide the scratches... I've heard of a product that is used in the UK just for scratches. They had a special name for the adhesive that eludes me at the moment.

I fielded a call about 4 years ago from someone in the D.C. area looking for this type product to use on rental car fleets to aid in managing windshield damage so as to increase the resale value.

Airport fleets would be a good beginning.

Edited by filmdit, 24 December 2006 - 03:22 PM.

#103 TINT

TINT

®

•  20,000+
  • BAY AREA
  • Exp: 15

24 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

I asked for sample from maddy and never got it :ohcrap

#104 darkdan

darkdan

•  5,000+
  • Owatonna, MN

25 December 2006 - 10:12 AM

My Madico distributor wouldn't give it out free. =( They also won't sell partial rolls. So that's why my brother and I split a roll. He'd cut it only if I bought the whole thing.

#105 VaTinterPMan

VaTinterPMan

" Everything They Invented, We Perfected "

•  3,000+
  • The Burg
  • Exp: 10 Yrs.

25 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

Yeah how do they expect to sell it or try to adv. and they wont even let us test it out cause we are the ones working with it and or using. I dont understand why... noobs.

#106 Protint

Protint

Protint

•  6,000+
  • Dover, Delaware
  • Exp: 1986

26 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

Man we get free Shiz all the time. We just received a 40X100 roll of FX 5 for free. :tantrum

#107 VaTinterPMan

VaTinterPMan

" Everything They Invented, We Perfected "

•  3,000+
  • The Burg
  • Exp: 10 Yrs.

26 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

Whats wrong with me spending XXXXXX amount of money a year and expect to get something half off or free??? I mean cmon. thats why eveyrhting is always buy one get one for free sales and what not for adv. (not tint) that would be nice....

#108 darkdan

darkdan

•  5,000+
  • Owatonna, MN

26 December 2006 - 06:09 PM

My SolarGard distributor usually runs a spring special on 20" rolls. One year partial rolls and 20" rolls were 50% off. This year it was buy two get one free.

I can understand them not wanting to give out free 6' rolls of this stuff. It'd cost them a lot. Besides, you'd get plenty of people getting the free roll, never putting it on, or worse, putting it on their own vehicle with no intention of selling it.

I have no problem buying a roll, hoping to break even by trying to sell a few, and protecting my own vehicles. Heck, if it saves a windshield or two on my fleet it paid for itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users