#1 skittles15

skittles15

Mullethead

•  3,000+
Neutral
  • Dyersville, IA
  • Exp: 1.2

September 19 2003 - 11:54 PM

In the multiple experts opinions on this board what is the best tint out there per $? I am kinda new to the tint business and I have been using solargard that I purchased off of ebay. please give me some insight and some websites where I can purchase this stuff.

Thanks Chris

#2 Texastintchick

Texastintchick

Yes, I really can tint!

•  10,000+
Excellent
  • Humble
  • Exp: 20 years

September 20 2003 - 12:55 AM

*This is part of a post I posted a while back, I hope it will be helpful:

You can find these companies by using anysearch engine on the net and I would try to request samples. I believe for most tinters it really comes down to personal preference. Ofcourse cost plays a roll. I know a lot of tinters use more than one brand of film. Which film to use is a huge debate here. Which is not a bad thing, we are each individuals and have are own opinions. No two people tint the same.

Here is my opinion: Lumar has a good product but can be pricey, 3M's cost way to much and is unreliable, Sungard has a shaky history but the price is good, Solar Guard (now Bekeart) has a decent product and an ok price but shaky customer service, Johnson(Florida) has a very good price and some very good products, some not so good and great customer service, SunTek's price seems fair I do not know about their product. I am sure I have forgotten someone but I am just naming some off the top of my head! And again these are just me opinions and experience.

There is a lot of experience on this board, a lot more than me so take what I have said with a grain of salt!

TTC :woowoo

#3 dumplin

dumplin

•  200+
Neutral
  • Exp: 21

September 20 2003 - 01:32 AM

Trimbrite , hahaha ! Naw just joking , I use Llumar exclusively atr series as well as the Platinum Plus and Titanium . :woowoo

#4 Zrok

Zrok

I'm just a window tinter

•  4,000+
Neutral
  • Mishawaka, IN
  • Exp: 15 or more ?? who knows..

September 20 2003 - 02:50 AM

she did forget madico, and depending on which distributor, you could get excellent cust. service....and their film is really good and thats just my opinion....I've been using madico since I started and I love it....it doesn't mean that I dislike any other brand.....I have used others, but I prefer madico for my own reasons. :woowoo

#5 solar solutions

solar solutions

•  100+
Neutral
  • Long Island,New York
  • Exp: 22

September 20 2003 - 04:36 AM

I use solar gardfor my higher end cars and residental,metal films..suntek for econo films.(dyed) :woowoo :woowoo

#6 *metint *

*metint *
  • Guests

September 20 2003 - 05:55 AM

*This is part of a post I posted a while back, I hope it will be helpful:

You can find these companies by using anysearch engine on the net and I would try to request samples.  I believe for most tinters it really comes down to personal preference. Ofcourse cost plays a roll. I know a lot of tinters use more than one brand of film. Which film to use is a huge debate here. Which is not a bad thing, we are each individuals and have are own opinions. No two people tint the same.

Here is my opinion: Lumar has a good product but can be pricey, 3M's cost way to much and is unreliable, Sungard has a shaky history but the price is good, Solar Guard (now Bekeart) has a decent product and an ok price but shaky customer service, Johnson(Florida) has a very good price and some very good products, some not so good and great customer service, SunTek's price seems fair I do not know about their product. I am sure I have forgotten someone but I am just naming some off the top of my head! And again these are just me opinions and experience.

There is a lot of experience on this board, a lot more than me so take what I have said with a grain of salt!

TTC :woowoo

:booga

Just had to use the emo... :woowoo and break the 600 mark :woowoo

#7 Sprinter

Sprinter

I'm running

•  9,000+
Neutral
  • Glendale, Arizona
  • Exp: 15

September 20 2003 - 07:53 AM

most people will put customer service ahead of the film there using, most would use a different film if they wern't treated like dirt from the distributor who's in there home town!

#8 Devil with bad attitude

Devil with bad attitude

•  6,000+
Excellent
  • Taswegian
  • Exp: 39

September 20 2003 - 04:09 PM

In the multiple experts opinions on this board what is the best tint out there per $?  I am kinda new to the tint business and I have been using solargard that I purchased off of ebay.  please give me some insight and some websites where I can purchase this stuff.

Thanks Chris

To answer that specific question posed it's JWF's.
Devil

#9 Sprinter

Sprinter

I'm running

•  9,000+
Neutral
  • Glendale, Arizona
  • Exp: 15

September 20 2003 - 06:02 PM

devil what exact window film so you use down under?

#10 Devil with bad attitude

Devil with bad attitude

•  6,000+
Excellent
  • Taswegian
  • Exp: 39

September 20 2003 - 07:06 PM

Sprinter,
For me I mainly use Madico and JWF for auto and flat I use Bekaert and Madico.
Why is that? Because for auto I like the look of Onyx over the JWF SP. And with flat, Bekaert have a better range of interesting films like Panorama Hi-lite and reverse facing grey reflectives.

In Oz I would say Courtaulds is mostly sold, then Bekaert, Sungard, Madico, and JWFs in that order.
Devil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users