- - - - -

Thermopane fixer -anyone with any comments or experience with this pro

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TintWizard

TintWizard

Tint By Attain Belleville

• Ontario Canada
  • Exp: 1978 tinting assistant,glass cleaner,shop boy 1984 had own tint biz so yrs experience is somewhere in there! lol

19 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to put this ..any comments?

http://www.drdefogit.com/index.php

#2 tintman237

tintman237

•  9,000+

19 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

looks kind of interesting, have alot of dual panes out here in az fail, but because it is so hot and not a ton of humidity, unless you know how to check or like they said how over time it etches the glass you don't really see it.

#3 darkdan

darkdan

•  5,000+
  • Owatonna, MN
  • Exp: Since 03

19 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

I was thinking about doing it to my house. Lots of seal failure (BEFORE they were tinted).

Of course, now that they're tinted:

#1 I don't want to retint it after they drill a hole into it.

#2 The moisture is now dry and it's just a stain.

#4 Tintin' Magician

Tintin' Magician

•  1,000+
  • Tampa, Fl.
  • Exp: 12

19 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I can't believe how many double pane window are in Fla. It's crazy!! I will never buy 'em here.

#5 TintWizard

TintWizard

Tint By Attain Belleville

• Ontario Canada
  • Exp: 1978 tinting assistant,glass cleaner,shop boy 1984 had own tint biz so yrs experience is somewhere in there! lol

19 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, I can't believe how many double pane window are in Fla. It's crazy!! I will never buy 'em here.

Yeah..makes no sense in Fl.

Everyone owns then in Canada ..a potentially large business :duck

#6 vclimber

vclimber

I am Signal Firendly

•  6,000+
  • I am local
  • Exp: I have some

19 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

There's a thread around somewhere discussing this although it was another franchise. Everyone agreed that the fee was way to high.

#7 suntint

suntint

•  500+
  • Exp: 20

10 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

Has anyone ever seen the results from this? Considering the cost to replace large thermopanes if it actually worked, even if the price wasn't cheap, it could make a lot of sense.

#8 Key West

Key West

•  50+
  • Rossville, Ga. (Key West originally)
  • Exp: 30+

07 April 2008 - 04:56 AM

Has anyone ever seen the results from this? Considering the cost to replace large thermopanes if it actually worked, even if the price wasn't cheap, it could make a lot of sense.

Yeah, I met a guy at the last home show who seems to do quite well with it. The results that I saw were impressive enough that I am now reccommending them. It's NOT a majic bullet, but in most cases, they can improve the problem dramatically. It's a great option to glass replacement in most cases. If your custys want perfection, then they should buy new glass, but if they just want a drastic improvement, it's the shiznit.

#9 film-R

film-R

Energy Saver

•  800+
  • Ontario Canada

09 April 2008 - 07:38 AM

I had it done. It does work, BUT, you loose the R value of the IGU. THE HOLE is on the OUTER PANE so it wont have a hole in your tint Dan.

#10 wfs

wfs

•  100+
  • WI
  • Exp: Since 1997

11 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

I had it done. It does work, BUT, you loose the R value of the IGU. THE HOLE is on the OUTER PANE so it wont have a hole in your tint Dan.

in this link it said it was on the inside pane - also I dont see y youd have to retint anywho the drill will go through tint and the plug will cover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users