10 replies to this topic

#1 Protint

Protint

Protint

•  6,000+
  • Dover, Delaware
  • Exp: 1986

10 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

Today was a killer. I had two 06 Charger K9 units a 91 celica and a Ford F-150 standard cab (with the little extracab windows):lol2

Believe it or not the celica smelled better and was easier to tint than the cop cars. :lol2 Both cars had the dog package in the back with the gates in front of the windows. I was in positions that I didn't know my body would fit in while working on the rear window. I had to backroll the rear windows while dodgeing dog hair the whole time. :spit

The cars also had a sensor that would roll the windows down automatically if the inside of the car got to hot. Luckily I had the seals out so when it happened it wasn't that much of a big deal.

When I was done I smelled like a dirty wet dog :rollin but everyone was stoked with the job, especially the pooches. :spit

#2 *willie *

*willie *
  • Guests

11 May 2007 - 03:30 AM

Glad you got through it :rollin

Have I ever mentioned I hate doing K-9 units :spit

#3 FilmBlazer

FilmBlazer

•  1,000+
  • Traverse City, MI
  • Exp: 13

11 May 2007 - 04:10 AM

Today was a killer. I had two 06 Charger K9 units a 91 celica and a Ford F-150 standard cab (with the little extracab windows):lol2

Believe it or not the celica smelled better and was easier to tint than the cop cars. :lol2 Both cars had the dog package in the back with the gates in front of the windows. I was in positions that I didn't know my body would fit in while working on the rear window. I had to backroll the rear windows while dodgeing dog hair the whole time. :spit

The cars also had a sensor that would roll the windows down automatically if the inside of the car got to hot. Luckily I had the seals out so when it happened it wasn't that much of a big deal.

When I was done I smelled like a dirty wet dog :rollin but everyone was stoked with the job, especially the pooches. :spit

I also tinted a charger yesterday. I'm glad mine didn't have those blasted cages lol The back window took more shriking than I remember but she came out teets. I tried Global QDP for the first time. I really liked it, it shrunk very well and cuts like buddah.

Holla.

#4 Key West

Key West

•  50+
  • Rossville, Ga. (Key West originally)
  • Exp: 30+

11 May 2007 - 06:42 AM

Didja use 4 mil? I generally put 4 mil on all K-9 cars. :rollin

#5 TINTDESIGNZ

TINTDESIGNZ

aka...Jethro

•  7,000+
  • East Texas
  • Exp: 27

11 May 2007 - 07:32 AM

I always gripe about the cages and the sheriff has the trustees pull it out! :rollin

#6 Sprinter

Sprinter

I'm running

•  9,000+
  • Glendale, Arizona
  • Exp: 15

11 May 2007 - 03:19 PM

I tried Global QDP for the first time. I really liked it, it shrunk very well and cuts like buddah.

Holla.

how was the tach up of the film, did it roll off of any part of the window, and how did you shrink it, soap or powder?

#7 GodofWarII

GodofWarII

Search for Extra Terrestrial Intellegence

•  1,000+
  • depths of hell
  • Exp: I've been around

11 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

I had a cage to deal with on a Prius the other day, not fun :lol2 All my days have been killers this week...add a couple random rollups and some warranty back glass to what you did and thats my day :lol2

how was the tach up of the film, did it roll off of any part of the window, and how did you shrink it, soap or powder?

QDP = quick dry plus sticks great :lol2

#8 firstglass

firstglass

•  200+
  • Dorset, United Kingdom
  • Exp: i dont live in a field

13 May 2007 - 04:57 AM

can you guys post a pic, im interested to see what they look like, never seen one in the UK

#9 Reflexxions

Reflexxions

Tintdude.com is the place to be !

•  300+
  • Tennessee
  • Exp: 12

13 May 2007 - 05:33 AM

can you guys post a pic, im interested to see what they look like, never seen one in the UK

Go here and look , this was all I could find ....

http://www.policecag...plications.html

#10 Protint

Protint

Protint

•  6,000+
  • Dover, Delaware
  • Exp: 1986

15 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Didja use 4 mil? I generally put 4 mil on all K-9 cars. :dunno

4mil? :klingon :dunno you gotta be smokin dope. :lol2

We took pictures but I have been to buisy to post them. I'll try to hook it up. :hmmm

#11 TINT

TINT

®

•  20,000+
  • BAY AREA
  • Exp: 15

15 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

4mil? :dunno :klingon you gotta be smokin dope. :lol2

We took pictures but I have been to buisy to post them. I'll try to hook it up. :dunno

:lol2 :hmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users