Photo

sh***y tint job?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 crashnscar

crashnscar

•  <10

18 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

I just got an 07 STi and brought it to a shop to get it tinted 20% on all 5 only 2 days after buying the vehicle. I'm pretty disappointed with the work, but was wondering what you guys thought of it and what you think I should do about it. The shop is a car audio shop that has been around forever.

Attached Images

• DSC_8372__Medium_.JPG
  • DSC_8376__Medium_.JPG

#2 crashnscar

crashnscar

•  <10

18 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

8376: shows sloppy top cut
8377: shows short cut bottom section
8372: shows how they ripped my front section near side mirror as well as short cut tint

Attached Images

• DSC_8377__Medium_.JPG

#3 Ryker

Ryker

•  Subscribers
  • southern IL
  • Exp: since 1999

18 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

the "rip" looks like the window is coming up too far and I have seen that on older camaros. I doubt the tinter did that. The cuts are not effecting the tint. I would be more interested in what looks like contamination "bubbles" on that 1/4 glass.

Did you pay good or the tint job or go for the wonderful $99 special?

#4 crashnscar

crashnscar

•  <10

18 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

I paid $199, he said their normal price is $299. The rip was not there before, it was perfect... I had inspected the car before purchasing brand new a couple days earlier.

#5 Ryker

Ryker

•  Subscribers
  • southern IL
  • Exp: since 1999

18 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

I still think it looks like the door glass is coming up too far.....IF a tinter cut that then he is not very careful.

I understand that you "inspected" the car, but if the door glass is coming up too far then it could very easily have done that on it's own.....

The worst part of that is going to be proving that it was cut and not ripped...and even if it is ripped then it must have been a bad production on that part as the window is going to flex and push a lot over the life of the car and that part of the rubber should not "rip" or tear in that spot.

Just my 2 cents....

#6 tint45

tint45

USER'S ACTUAL RELEVANT POSTS: Whatever 237 says

•  1,000+
  • Columbus OH
  • Exp: 6 yrs flat glass, 1-1/2yrs auto

18 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

I still think it looks like the door glass is coming up too far.....IF a tinter cut that then he is not very careful.

I understand that you "inspected" the car, but if the door glass is coming up too far then it could very easily have done that on it's own.....

The worst part of that is going to be proving that it was cut and not ripped...and even if it is ripped then it must have been a bad production on that part as the window is going to flex and push a lot over the life of the car and that part of the rubber should not "rip" or tear in that spot.

Just my 2 cents....

Seen that plenty of times.

8376: shows sloppy top cut
8377: shows short cut bottom section
8372: shows how they ripped my front section near side mirror as well as short cut tint

Sloppy top cut? :krazy BTW, you forgot to point out the 8 specks of dirt on that corner in the third pick. :mad Every time my custy has his nose 3 inches away from the glass, I know it's trouble. Best of luck crash. :krazy

#7 TINTZEUS

TINTZEUS

Would it be to much to ask....for EVERYONE to raise their prices

•  Subscribers
  • Exp: 24TINT-18PPF

18 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

The shop is a car audio shop that has been around forever.

Car Audio...your first mistake....... :krazy Take it to a Tint Shop..... :krazy

:mad

#8 Texastintchick

Texastintchick

Yes, I really can tint!

•  10,000+
  • Humble
  • Exp: 17 years

18 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

Does not look sloppy to me, but I will be real honest with you...it is damn near impossible to tell anything from pics on the inet!

#9 blade

blade

I'll let you know if you're a jackass.

•  20,000+
  • spo, wa.
  • Exp: 27 years

18 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

did you eye-phuck the factory paint job after purchasing your car too?

bet I can show you more flaws in that factory paint job than you'll find in that tint job.

I shared a building with a car stereo shop for years and it didn't affect my work, so the car audio thing has nothing to do with it.

take your nose off the glass and everything will be fine.

#10 tint45

tint45

USER'S ACTUAL RELEVANT POSTS: Whatever 237 says

•  1,000+
  • Columbus OH
  • Exp: 6 yrs flat glass, 1-1/2yrs auto

18 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

did you eye-phuck the factory paint job after purchasing your car too?

bet I can show you more flaws in that factory paint job than you'll find in that tint job.

I shared a building with a car stereo shop for years and it didn't affect my work, so the car audio thing has nothing to do with it.

take your nose off the glass and everything will be fine.

:krazy When I was doning flatglass, I don't know how many times I wanted to point out to customers (in new homes) flaws in joints on the finish carpentry or wallpaper edges or ... Why is our industry so much more closley scrutinized than any other?

#11 *tintgod *

*tintgod *
  • Guests

18 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

and how are we suppose to help you out.?...we didnt do the tint job..if your not happy with the job...take it back..if he is legit he will work with you on it...if he isnt...you have learned a lesson, dont take it to a shop that says his normal price is X amount and then give you $100 off the price...that right there would have sent up a HUGE red flag with me.

Take it back to the shop..they will be able to help you more then us...we are here to give you ammo to take back and us at shop you had your tint done at..

Edited by tintgod, 18 August 2007 - 08:58 PM.

#12 *tintgod *

*tintgod *
  • Guests

18 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

Why is our industry so much more closley scrutinized than any other?

you get it in all industries...if you worked in another industry you would be asking the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users