16 replies to this topic

#1 goldtooth

goldtooth

dan dada

•  1,000+
  • back in new york empire state
  • Exp: 11yrs+

07 November 2007 - 07:22 AM

going through the specs of madico auto film. what do you carry? what don't you carry? why?a little input :beer :beer

#2 naughtydog

naughtydog

•  2,000+
  • Cheshire, England
  • Exp: 8+

07 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

I have used Onyx in the past. It's a nice looking film, shrinks well, good adhesive, sticks to the matrix well. I have never had one come back with it.

Was a little bit pricey in the UK.

#3 goldtooth

goldtooth

dan dada

•  1,000+

07 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

I have used Onyx in the past. It's a nice looking film, shrinks well, good adhesive, sticks to the matrix well. I have never had one come back with it.

Was a little bit pricey in the UK.

:spit is onyx there midgrade film :hmmm

#4 BIG E

BIG E

•  5,000+
  • Lake Charles La.
  • Exp: Since 1986

07 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Onyx and Charcool, both great looking film, great adhesive and clarity, Onys is a hybred metalized and Charcool is a color stable non metalized for those with AM or Nav concerns! Neither film has any downfalls IMO save for some people haveing a little harder time shrinking them! :dunno

Edited by BIG E, 07 November 2007 - 08:39 PM.

#5 Matthew

Matthew

Premier Tinting

•  200+
  • Exp: 8

07 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

not a dealer but worked for a dealer for 3 years... charcool xsr shrinks real well the charcoal is a thinner film harder to work with after you get spoiled with the xsr.... the onyx I always always had trouble shaping rarely got to play with it the metallized products are always funny about heating and as for as sticks to the matrix.. some I wouldnt say sticks to matrix cuz no tint to my knowledge will volunteeringly stick to some matrix dots out there with out the use of other methods and madico is proud of their film as in pricing not too bad though but the adhesive on that stuff is unbleivable great all around great product if you ask me unless of course you buy the cheap stuff CG line the only guarantee you can offer with that stuff is I guarantee it will turn purple and or fade greatly in 6 months... we used it as the no warranty film for the cheapos

#6 goldtooth

goldtooth

dan dada

•  1,000+

08 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Onyx and Charcool, both great looking film, great adhesive and clarity, Onys is a hybred metalized and Charcool is a color stable non metalized for those with AM or Nav concerns! Neither film has any downfalls IMO save for some people haveing a little harder time shrinking them! :krazy

how's the "metal edge"

#7 Devil with bad attitude

Devil with bad attitude

•  5,000+
  • Taswegian
  • Exp: 39

08 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

Onyx and Charcool, both great looking film, great adhesive and clarity, Onys is a hybred metalized and Charcool is a color stable non metalized for those with AM or Nav concerns! Neither film has any downfalls IMO save for some people haveing a little harder time shrinking them! :lol6

I use lots of Onyx and Charcool 35's and that covers it all IMO.
The big Mac 3000 I was very disappointed with........too much reflectivity externally and slow drying. I won't be using again after the initial trial sample.

Metal edge? Too many choices on offer so keep it simple stupid (KISS) and therefore I stay with the 2 above.

Bastards to heat shrink... again me but maybe easier for others.

No failures which is worth more than anything.
Devil

#8 goldtooth

goldtooth

dan dada

•  1,000+

14 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

I use lots of Onyx and Charcool 35's and that covers it all IMO.
The big Mac 3000 I was very disappointed with........too much reflectivity externally and slow drying. I won't be using again after the initial trial sample.

Metal edge? Too many choices on offer so keep it simple stupid (KISS) and therefore I stay with the 2 above.

Bastards to heat shrink... again me but maybe easier for others.

No failures which is worth more than anything.
Devil

have you shrank llumar atr,3m cs,formula 1 pinnacle,huper optic ceramic,solar guard hp if yes to any, how does the onyx and charcool compair.. :krazy thanks for your info :duck :duck

#9 tintman237

tintman237

•  9,000+

14 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

have you shrank llumar atr,3m cs,formula 1 pinnacle,huper optic ceramic,solar guard hp if yes to any, how does the onyx and charcool compair.. :krazy thanks for your info :duck :duck

CHARCOOL :beer once you shrink it, you'll never go back :duck
Onyx isn't too bad to shrink, some say it shrinks ok, some say it sucks :lol2

#10 lorenzotint

lorenzotint

•  Subscribers
  • N.Y.City Line Westchester
  • Exp: 32 Tint / 11 PPF

14 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

Best pick XSR [cool] for framless BM's/ MB/ SUBR... I don't push MET/EDGE or any other HY/MET for the common reasons. This film is not for pincher custys. Great film for a color stable line up :krazy

#11 *tintgod *

*tintgod *
  • Guests

14 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

CHARCOOL :duck once you shrink it, you'll never go back :duck

but you will go green.. :duck :beer :krazy

#12 tintman237

tintman237

•  9,000+

14 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

but you will go green.. :duck :krazy :duck

:duck