Photo

3M or Solar Guard

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck

Chuck

•  <10

14 November 2009 - 07:50 AM

I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata, Ebony Black that I want to get done. I have narrowed my search to 2 tint shops in my area. One sells 3M, the other Solar Guard. The pricing is competitive, so my question to you professionals is which film is better?. The only difference between the shops is that one is a local guy, the other is a national chain. but I figure with the product warranty this shouldn't be an issue. also is there any thing about my car that would make this job particularly challenging? Thanks in advance for your replies.

#2 sunlimitedCT

sunlimitedCT

Sunlimited

•  4,000+
  • Connecticut
  • Exp: 13

14 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Nothing challenging about your car. Go to the shops and ask to see their work. As or which film is better, everyone on the board will tell you why one is better than the other and you'll still be left scratching your head..good luck

#3 nctinter

nctinter

•  400+
  • NPR, Florida

14 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

neither. but if you have your heart set on those 2...which series of tint are they offering? Solar gard supreme will be ok and FX or CS on the 3m

#4 TintJunkie

TintJunkie

Tintler

•  5,000+
  • Cypress, TX

14 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

neither. but if you have your heart set on those 2...which series of tint are they offering? Solar gard supreme will be ok and FX or CS on the 3m

:dance on the neither part. Especially if SolarGard is shutting down distributor after distributor. Looks to be bad news.

#5 VIP tint + glass

VIP tint + glass

•  3,000+
  • southern cali
  • Exp: 18

15 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

Well if u listen to AM radio don't get metallic

#6 lorenzotint

lorenzotint

•  Subscribers
  • N.Y.City Line Westchester
  • Exp: 32 Tint / 11 PPF

15 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

Take a piece of both the Supreme Solargard and M3 C/S side by side and look them both over under natural light and let us know what you think of the two. Thank me later. Stay clear of the base films since you are going to have this car for more than a few years.I have tried them all....

#7 flat rock stan

flat rock stan

aka Mr Rogers

•  Subscribers
  • Portland Oregon
  • Exp: 32+

15 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata, Ebony Black that I want to get done. I have narrowed my search to 2 tint shops in my area. One sells 3M, the other Solar Guard. The pricing is competitive, so my question to you professionals is which film is better?. The only difference between the shops is that one is a local guy, the other is a national chain. but I figure with the product warranty this shouldn't be an issue. also is there any thing about my car that would make this job particularly challenging? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Chuck they (the film) are made at the same place so I would go with the shop that produces the best work... check um both out :lol2

#8 Solar-Shades

Solar-Shades

•  1,000+
  • South West UK
  • Exp: 9

28 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

Again, same film, so go for the qaulity of work, and experiance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users