Funny Things you tell the customer

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Scottsfire

Scottsfire

•  300+
  • Denver Colorado

01 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

One of my jobs today was a co-worker from the firehouse. I tinted his truck at a nice "friend" discount. While doing my walk through with him of the completed work he asked me, when he could roll down his window? I replied with "NEVER, don't ever roll down these windows,...when you asked for the cheap and easy tint job I thought you wanted what we call a "lock-down" job". He asked "What is a lock down job"???? I told him, its the cheapest and easiest way to tint a vehicle.....I told him "I tinted the side rolldown windows to where you can never roll them down or you mess the tint up and void the warranty"...puzzled he looked at me and after a minute or two said...."Oh.....well Ok.......well, how much more would it cost me to get them to where it would roll down??? At that point I could not stop from laughing inside and decided to let him in on my little joke. It was funny cause I caught him off guard. I did tell him that if I had done my job right he should be able to roll them down in 5 days...ha and even thats a crap shoot, at least from this rookie...ha ha..
So, it got me thinking, you guys that have been in the business for awhile I'm sure have some great stories......lets hear them!!!!

#2 Mike S

Mike S

•  600+
  • San Diego
  • Exp: 9

01 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

I tell them ultra performance is ceramic :eyebrows

#3 tint123

tint123

•  20,000+
  • Dallas, Tx
  • Exp: 12

01 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

:eyebrows

#4 Scottsfire

Scottsfire

•  300+
  • Denver Colorado

01 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

WHAT!!!.....ultra performance is NOT ceramic????
Just kidding,
:whisper

#5 TINT

TINT

®

•  20,000+
  • BAY AREA
  • Exp: 15

01 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

:whisper

#6 The ///Man

The ///Man

•  3,000+
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Exp: 15

01 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

customer: how mush to teent my 325I BMW, I want thee leemo teent.

Me: is it a limo?

Customer: ...

Me: (trying not to laugh)

Me: explain state laws and pricing on the film

Or

Customer: how mush are you teents

Me: how many are you looking to buy

I guess I shouldn't pick on people but meh I need to have some fun

#7 lorenzotint

lorenzotint

•  Subscribers
  • N.Y.City Line Westchester
  • Exp: 32 Tint / 11 PPF

02 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

Tell them I stock 6 different 70% films then try to sell them on Clearshield before they ask whats the difference. :eyebrows

#8 Tint Eastwood

Tint Eastwood

“I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.”

•  5,000+

02 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

Customer: This isn't gonna have all those bubbles in it, is it?

Me: No ma'am, we charge extra if you want bubbles.

Customer: ............... :whisper.............wha?..........really?

Me: :eyebrows

#9 *filmslayer *

*filmslayer *
  • Guests

02 April 2010 - 05:12 AM

when asked how much exp. I have , I tell them I watched a video last night ....

#10 Scottsfire

Scottsfire

•  300+
  • Denver Colorado

02 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

when asked how much exp. I have , I tell them I watched a video last night ....

ha ha......well once I have their keys in hand I tell them "oh Im not a real tinter, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"
ha.... This also works well when people come up to the engine to start conversations by asking how long I've been Firefighting I say, "oh....no....no....I'm not really a fireman, I stayed at that Holiday Inn Express last night,,,,I'm really an accountant"!!!! Ha! They always look puzzled until they remember the popular adcampaigne!

#11 TintWizard

TintWizard

Tint By Attain Belleville

• Ontario Canada
  • Exp: 1978 tinting assistant,glass cleaner,shop boy 1984 had own tint biz so yrs experience is somewhere in there! lol

02 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

I can be a smartazz with a warped sense of humour that some just don't get :eyebrows I told a custy once who said after I gave him a price and in shock he says "do you have anything cheaper "? " I want as dark as you can go but a cheaper price would be good".

I Replied, " I actually do, I carry in stock a "personalized tint " that's real dark , it includes the windshield as well and I asked the local police if it's alright to be driving around with such a dark shade and the police said sure! The custy is all excited and asked how much , I replied $50 , he says "great!" , I hand him over my sunglasses and say will that be cheque or cash?

. He wasn't impressed :whisper

#12 micro-edge

micro-edge

•  3,000+
  • NC
  • Exp: 13

02 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

I can be a smartazz with a warped sense of humour that some just don't get :gasp I told a custy once who said after I gave him a price and in shock he says "do you have anything cheaper "? " I want as dark as you can go but a cheaper price would be good".

I Replied, " I actually do, I carry in stock a "personalized tint " that's real dark , it includes the windshield as well and I asked the local police if it's alright to be driving around with such a dark shade and the police said sure! The custy is all excited and asked how much , I replied $50 , he says "great!" , I hand him over my sunglasses and say will that be cheque or cash?

. He wasn't impressed :whisper

:eyebrows

I always get asked what my solution is and I reply water and battery acid and they are like battery acid really :whisper I say it's a great adhesive promoter :gasp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users