Photo

Suntek

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 stan

stan

•  <10

02 December 2010 - 05:53 AM

I'm picking up a new Mazda3 in a couple of weeks and a few have suggested to use Suntek for the window tinting. Having done some research, I see there is a Suntek Carbon and Suntek CarbonXP. Has anyone had any experiences with these films and which one would you recommend? I'm also concerned about the green colour of the Carbon. Does anyone know what colour the XP is?

#2 twotint

twotint

•  600+
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Exp: 8

02 December 2010 - 06:02 AM

either one would be a good choice, I wouldn't worry about it being too green looking.

#3 The ///Man

The ///Man

•  3,000+
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Exp: 15

02 December 2010 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, your glass is green, so just about anything will be somewhat "green" looking. the XP was great on my last car, I really liked it. If someone your area sells it, offer them boat loads of cash to install it.

#4 Tint-Factory Car Shine

Tint-Factory Car Shine

•  800+
  • Dayton, OH
  • Exp: 1988

02 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Does anyone know what colour the XP is?

Carbon and Carbon XP are the exact same film with XP having an additional layer of infra red absorbing material. (I'm told the IR layer is a very thin layer of ceramic.) You will probably never know the difference unless you carry an infra red meter around for some reason.

#5 The ///Man

The ///Man

•  3,000+
  • Albuquerque, NM

02 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

Carbon and Carbon XP are the exact same film with XP having an additional layer of infra red absorbing material. (I'm told the IR layer is a very thin layer of ceramic.) You will probably never know the difference unless you carry an infra red meter around for some reason.

You know a difference inside the car.

#6 stan

stan

•  <10

02 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for all the info. It looks like the XP is the one to go for. Do you know what color it is?

#7 twotint

twotint

•  600+
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Exp: 8

02 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for all the info. It looks like the XP is the one to go for. Do you know what color it is?

It's charcoal.

#8 maddtinter

maddtinter

•  500+
  • Livermore,CA
  • Exp: 25

02 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

I used a sample of CXP 18.Easy to work with,though after I was done I noticed quite a bit more haze in the tint while the sun was at low horizon. :lol

#9 Tinter01

Tinter01

•  25+
  • UK

02 December 2010 - 09:18 AM

Is the Carbon xp thicker than the normal Carbon?

#10 The ///Man

The ///Man

•  3,000+
  • Albuquerque, NM

02 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

seems pretty much the same, same as most 2 plys

#11 micro-edge

micro-edge

•  3,000+
  • NC
  • Exp: 13

02 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

I can tell it's definately thicker, seems to have more "backbone" than the regular carbon..

#12 Tint-Factory Car Shine

Tint-Factory Car Shine

•  800+
  • Dayton, OH
  • Exp: 1988

02 December 2010 - 11:11 AM

:money

the total solar energy rejection on the XP is higher then the reg. Carbon. there for, you will notice a difference.

compare the two here....look at the TOTAL SOLAR ENERGY REJECTION to compare the amount of energy rejection

carbon http://suntekfilms.c...auto_Carbon.pdf

carbon XP http://suntekfilms.c...et_auto_CXP.pdf

Are you guys telling me you can feel a 9% difference in TSER when you're driving your car and it's 95 degrees outside. Posted Image

I made about a 20% change when I switched to CXP and didn't notice a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users