3Form Films

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 suntint

suntint

•  400+
  • Exp: 20

12 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

Anyone here familiar with 3Form films? They make decorative films and a General Contractor wants me to install some of their stuff. Not familiar with it and wondered if there is anything I should know before installing their stuff

#2 Roach

Roach

• New Jersey, USA
  • Exp: 14

12 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

http://www.3-form.com/

Never heard of them....

#3 TomTint

TomTint

•  Subscribers
  • Boston Mass
  • Exp: I have hung a piece or two

12 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

I could be wrong but I think they make a glass looking material with things like bamboo and tree leafs molded into it. We have been in some hi end offices that had walls of the stuff. My understanding is that it is huge $$$.

#4 Coast To Coast Tinting

Coast To Coast Tinting

Tinting the World one Window at a Time !

• TN
  • Exp: 19

12 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

that's some crasy looking stuff. I'd love to work with some of that. I enjoy getting to do deco work. :lol2

#5 Azar McMaster

Azar McMaster

•  <10
  • Exp: 10

13 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

Yes - I work at 3form and can help you. While, as noted in the other responses, we manufacture resin and glass-based products encapsulating vibrant color and beautiful organic materials, we do have a glass film covering called Gecko that it sounds like you are referring to.

A couple of links:
Here is a link to our product page describing Gecko and showing the available designs.

Here is a link to a short, four minute video showing how to install Gecko (it's quite easy for those familiar with film - just clean the glass, spray the glass and Gecko with water, put it on the glass, and squeegee out the water by running the squeegee along the top of the piece horizontally, then down the middle vertically, then left and right horizontally until you get to the bottom of the piece). To really make it easy, request the Gecko to be laser cut to size (we offer that service for a minimal fee) and you won't have to worry about sizing the Gecko to the window size on site.

Finally, there is a spec document that details technical information on the product. I can email it to you or you can go to this link and search for "gecko spec manual" to download it.

This prices at between $8 and 12 psf.

I'd be glad to answer any other questions - you can reach me at azar.mcmaster at 3-form.com.

Regards,

Azar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users