• Exp: since 2000

10 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

anyone shrunk this film yet ?? :evileye

#39 HoPo

HoPo

•  7,000+
  • Exp: 2

16 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Is it out yet? Globals web site still does not list it as a product.

#40 EWF

EWF

•  Subscribers
  • Danbury, CT USA
  • Exp: Since 1982

16 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

First, the good news. The film is in the country:

Posted Image

Now the bad news: This is all we have left (below). We can't launch the product with this little inventory. Everything we received in our first consignment was presold. We will be receiving more of it in each one of our inbound containers and we hope to have sufficient working stock in about 30-60 days to add it to our catalog. Each of the customers who purchased the initial lot have already reordered.

Posted Image

#41 EWF

EWF

•  Subscribers
  • Danbury, CT USA

16 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

it is really not cheap.

Hi Counterpart,

You're not kidding. The price is very high. But is is still lower than several other films in that category.

Let me clear something up here because two different films were mentioned on this thread. One is the QDP Ceramic (pictured above) which is already in our warehouse. The other one is the Garware/Global "Ice Cool" product, which carries the high price tag you referred to. Ice Cool is available and EWF may order that in the future. The TSEa is a concern for dual pane application, so we will have to reseach where it will fit into our catalog before we can start to stock it.

To recap:

QDP Ceramic: Stocks have arrived. Full rollout within 30-60 days. Based upon the very popular QDP. Priced better than comparable competitor ceramics.

Ice Cool: Very popular internationally, but not yet in stock here in the USA. Price is high, but still lower than other comparable products. TSEa remains a concern for DP. EWF may add it to the catalog in Summer 2012 if the factory can produce for us a version which would be DP compatible. If not, it will have to be for automotive use only.

-Howard

#42 slick

slick

•  Subscribers
  • Canada....eh!
  • Exp: 20+ years

16 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

:thumb

#43 HoPo

HoPo

•  7,000+

16 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

should we expect samples to be available for this product? and does full rollout mean if there are samples, they as well as full rolls will be available at that time or will samples, should they be given, become available sooner?

#44 EWF

EWF

•  Subscribers
  • Danbury, CT USA

16 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

The factory has not provided us with any sample rolls for this product as yet. Due to the cost, I am not expecting a sample roll program. That could change and I will let you know if and when it does.

We intend to sell the film on partial rolls as well as full rolls (as we do with Charcoal Premium). As with any Global product, if it does measure up to your strictest standards, you can return it to your distributor for a refund on the film you send back.

-Howard

#45 *filmslayer *

*filmslayer *
  • Guests

16 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

no free-be's for :hopo

#46 HoPo

HoPo

•  7,000+

16 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

no free-be's for :slayer either

#47 *filmslayer *

*filmslayer *
  • Guests

16 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

we'll see ... :d

howard is not my Global rep ...

Edited by filmslayer, 16 March 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#48 fat cat

fat cat

•  700+

17 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

it is really not cheap.

Hi Counterpart,

You're not kidding. The price is very high. But is is still lower than several other films in that category.

Let me clear something up here because two different films were mentioned on this thread. One is the QDP Ceramic (pictured above) which is already in our warehouse. The other one is the Garware/Global "Ice Cool" product, which carries the high price tag you referred to. Ice Cool is available and EWF may order that in the future. The TSEa is a concern for dual pane application, so we will have to reseach where it will fit into our catalog before we can start to stock it.

Mr Howard, I hope global/you will be very successful in these products, from the bottom of my heart. This is a technology that we can't avoid with growing demand for non-reflective or signal-friendly products. Your success will set a good example to the non-believers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users