Tint Tek- List of Patterns that need adjusting

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 tint103

tint103

•  Subscribers
  • Exp: 29

20 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

It would be helpful if any TT V10 users can list cars that need some modifications, ie just did a 2012 Ford focus that rear glass is .20 too short horizontal. This would be helpful to many as I hate shrinking and preping one to find out its too small

#2 TintedOut

TintedOut

•  25+
  • Northrn VA
  • Exp: 7

20 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Dont post much, but this is a great thread.

The 2011 Ford Taurus backglass third brake light. Its cut 2" to low from the boarder. Theres more. Only one I can think of at the moment.

#3 TintWizard

TintWizard

Tint By Attain Belleville

• Ontario Canada
  • Exp: 1978 tinting assistant,glass cleaner,shop boy 1984 had own tint biz so yrs experience is somewhere in there! lol

20 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

It would be helpful if any TT V10 users can list cars that need some modifications, ie just did a 2012 Ford focus that rear glass is .20 too short horizontal. This would be helpful to many as I hate shrinking and preping one to find out its too small

Whenever it's a small modification, just enlarge it by hitting an arrow up or arrow down 1 click, print it, if you like it, then save it .

#4 TintWizard

TintWizard

• Ontario Canada
  • Exp: 1978 tinting assistant,glass cleaner,shop boy 1984 had own tint biz so yrs experience is somewhere in there! lol

20 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

If something if way off your finding play with the nodes a bit, it's actually not too bad to change / modify the settings ( this is coming from someone that's NOT) computer savvy lol . This reminds me of a Tip I wanted to ad for TT users, I'll do it in a separate thread though

#5 xstudiox

xstudiox

•  200+
  • Exp: 1

20 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Does TT have an easy way to report these things? 2" is a lot. Just kind of curious I guess.

#6 Tint_Pros

Tint_Pros

•  1,000+
  • saint louis, mo
  • Exp: since 2000

20 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

this is the biggest problem with all computer cutting softwares, theres ALWAYS going to be patterns that are short or to big. Sure you can fix it and save it to your liking for next time but you and your installers have to remember this or you'll end up cutting the wrong pattern again. Thats what I like about film designs if I tweak a patter email it to Brett its in my database a couple days later !!

#7 xstudiox

xstudiox

•  200+
  • Exp: 1

20 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Nice, I'm sure they would want to implement any good changes.

#8 TintWizard

TintWizard

• Ontario Canada

21 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

this is the biggest problem with all computer cutting softwares, theres ALWAYS going to be patterns that are short or to big. Sure you can fix it and save it to your liking for next time but you and your installers have to remember this or you'll end up cutting the wrong pattern again. Thats what I like about film designs if I tweak a patter email it to Brett its in my database a couple days later !!

:bingo Tint Pros doesn't matter which system, you'll have something you'll want to change. If your the only person using the system, it's easy because it's changed for you. If your at a tint company where multiple tinters use one program, you can save Different files such as "Joes tint patterns" and "Mary's tint patterns" .

On any tint programmers defense , the problem they face often is that different tinters tint different ways, some trim gaskets on 1/4 windows while others don't. Some tuck rubber while others remove panels. A good example would be Impalas , grand prix, saturns or old style Taurus - some remove the side moulding , some don't . They usually pattern cars based on not trimming or removing which makes sense. I just make the patterns a bit bigger and move on.
If something is way out of whack, just phone Tint Tek up, ask for Cindy or Paul , be descriptive in your change your concerned about, they will look into it : thumb

#9 tint103

tint103

•  Subscribers

21 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Not trying to compare programs, very satisfied with tt ...as I said earlier it would be nice if any users can list cars that need to be adjusted to make life easier on all of us

#10 tint103

tint103

•  Subscribers

21 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

2012 VW Jetta front windows can be shortened .20 in length...Passat rear glass needs .20 lengthened in height. Will post more as I come accros them

#11 Tint_Pros

Tint_Pros

•  1,000+
  • saint louis, mo
  • Exp: since 2000

21 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

...dude do you really think the list will ever end lol , theres always gonna be patterns that you don't like but no one else has complained about. TT is not going to change it for just you...trust me been there. You'll have to save your own and remember for next time, im just saying.

#12 tint103

tint103

•  Subscribers

21 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

I have been with tt since they started, needles to say I have saved my modifications, just thought it would be helpful for all tt users' not talking about personal preferences but short patterns that will not fit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users