Photo

Tint Options Madico (Charcool/Wincos)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ncube2

ncube2

•  <10

21 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Looking to tint my Accord, I have read a few of the posts but still am not able to decide on what to go with....
Couple of qns if someone can answer:
My options after having talked to couple of stores: Madico and 3M HPFX. (More inclined towards Madico from what I ve read so faar).
1. Madico Charcool V/S Madico Wincos - Have been quoted 130/300 resp for the whole car, so not sure if I can justify that kind of difference for the wincos though heat reduction is one of my major reasons for the tint. Does charcool fail so bad to reduce the heat ?
2. Also I have heard metallic tints cause issues to GPS/AM radio with radio antenna on the rear window like mine but the store I went to said
Charcool is mixture of metallic/dye so it shldnt affect. Is that true ?
3. Have never driven a car with tints so does it affect the vision driving in night and on rainy days, I was given light/medium/dark shade options, so does the shade I go with affect the heat reduction or is it for privacy only. Was planning to go with light option to the front 2 windows and then medium on the back/rear. Not a big fan of the ghetto complete dark look... LOL.

oops forgot the honda dealer tht I get my oil change done mentioned abt DigiTint special they have going now 159 for the whole car and its supposed to be ceramic.. Is that a better deal, have never heard abt tht brand though anywhere.

Pls chime in and help out. Thanks.

Edited by ncube2, 21 March 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#2 vdubpower

vdubpower

•  25+

22 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

dealer tint is not a ceramic for sure, but a decent price for a basic tint

as far as I know charcool is non metal, I ended up getting charcool over 3m but not bymy choice, but everyone here ssaid its better,

where did u read it fails with heat reduction

#3 ncube2

ncube2

•  <10

22 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

No what I meant was does the diff in price(almost 170 in my case) justify the wincos heat reduction over charcool.
Hmm.. I dont think Charcool is non metal its a mixture from what I ve been told but may be I a wrong.
How do u like the charcool tint on ur car and how much did u get it for and what tint % did u go with, my main priority after tint
are clarity(during night/rain)/heat reduction/privacy in that order.. what % should I be going for 50/30/30 ?

Thanks.

#4 Lilly

Lilly

•  <10

22 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

I just got the Winco tint today and immediately noticed the difference. My windows no longer radiate heat like they did without tint. The temp is already mid 80's here in TX! The place that I had it installed had this neat little display with a heat lamp so you could feel the difference between the types of tint and it was quite noticeable. Also, I paid $350 for mine so $300 is probably a pretty good deal. Hope this helps! :)

#5 fat cat

fat cat

•  700+

22 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

I just got the Winco tint today and immediately noticed the difference. My windows no longer radiate heat like they did without tint. The temp is already mid 80's here in TX! The place that I had it installed had this neat little display with a heat lamp so you could feel the difference between the types of tint and it was quite noticeable. Also, I paid $350 for mine so $300 is probably a pretty good deal. Hope this helps! :)

Given the same visible light transmission, Wincos's heat reduction is considered superb.

#6 vdubpower

vdubpower

•  25+

23 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

I did 35 in front and 20 in rear, have not had any issue with nav radio so far or even with am radio

#7 vdubpower

vdubpower

•  25+

23 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Madico’s Charcool

®

auto tint combines classic looks with contemporary functionality to deliver everything you need in an auto film– along with added benefits.

Charcool® is a cutting edge extruded film that never changes color.

• State of the art extruded film
  • Improves comfort due to maximum heat and glare rejection
  • Reduces fading of vehicle’s interior
  • Improves personal safety by blocking 99% of UV rays
  • Non-metal construction eliminates signal interference
  • Helps hold shattered glass together in the event of an accident

#8 ncube2

ncube2

•  <10

24 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

How do u like the charcool tint with heat reduction, and is 20 comfortable for night driving in the back window.

I did 35 in front and 20 in rear, have not had any issue with nav radio so far or even with am radio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users