37 replies to this topic

#31 A Plus Jordan

A Plus Jordan

•  <10
Neutral
  • St. Louis
  • Exp: 3

December 14 2016 - 05:34 PM

How often is the blue max replaced? After how many cars? I had a 2010 mustang and doing the passenger side I ripped the tint. So after that I used a turbo for initial removal and a hard card wrapped with a cloth. But now the customer has clear water bubbles. They should go away in 3-5 days in the sun but should the blue max be replaced? I love how the blue max pulls the solution out but this time it pulled the film. Any suggestions?

Take a look...

Try a Flat Out blade instead. Same hardness as a blue max blade but lasts longer. 

#32 Ryker

Ryker

•  25+
Excellent
  • southern IL
  • Exp: since 1999

December 14 2016 - 07:04 PM

How often is the blue max replaced? After how many cars? I had a 2010 mustang and doing the passenger side I ripped the tint. So after that I used a turbo for initial removal and a hard card wrapped with a cloth. But now the customer has clear water bubbles. They should go away in 3-5 days in the sun but should the blue max be replaced? I love how the blue max pulls the solution out but this time it pulled the film. Any suggestions?

Take a look...

Try a Flat Out blade instead. Same hardness as a blue max blade but lasts longer.

Unless the yellow is softer than they were then I would say they are harder than the blue max...

#33 A Plus Jordan

A Plus Jordan

•  <10
Neutral
  • St. Louis
  • Exp: 3

December 15 2016 - 10:19 AM

Take a look...

Try a Flat Out blade instead. Same hardness as a blue max blade but lasts longer.

Unless the yellow is softer than they were then I would say they are harder than the blue max...

The Flat Out is a new yellow blade that was released this year by Fusion Tint Tools. It is harder. :-)

#34 TintDude

TintDude

Ric

•  Admin
Excellent
  • Portland Or
  • Exp: Since '86

December 15 2016 - 10:48 AM

So you work for fusion apparently? Welcome to the forum.

#35 shadytints

shadytints

•  300+
Excellent
  • Michigan
  • Exp: 27

December 15 2016 - 12:14 PM

prefer the softer white personally to conform to the thicker grids.  turbos and max's all get glazed after a while including bulldozers.  leave streaks of rubber or hard to push without a lot of slip.   a little scuff with some 220 grit to remove the glaze followed by a couple passes with 4 or 600 grit make them work better then new.  I always scuff new tools in case a small burr is present before use especially hard cards then you can slide them across windows even if they are dry

#36 quality tintz

quality tintz

•  900+
Good
  • Socorro nm
  • Exp: 19

December 15 2016 - 01:23 PM

Nice shady dry sand or wet sand ??

Edited by quality tintz, December 15 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#37 no ma'am

no ma'am

Back to back world war champs... Merica...

•  Subscribers
Excellent
  • TX
  • Exp: 12

December 21 2016 - 05:59 PM

Never tried to sand blue max or turbo? Always sand, feel for rough edge before I use a card of any kind though.

#38 quality tintz

quality tintz

•  900+
Good
  • Socorro nm
  • Exp: 19

December 21 2016 - 07:11 PM

I did both yellow turbo and blue max 220wet then 500 wet works great thanks shady...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users