• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tintguy3

Tintguy3

•  <10
Neutral
  • Georgia

August 18 2016 - 02:28 PM

Thinking of starting a tint shop in the area. Have looked EVERYWHERE for a decent spot and can't find anything! Also it's me and two other guys that I can't really just kick out cause we're kind of in it together. Is that a bad idea to go in with 3 owners? We've been tinting for a company for about a year now and together tint about 300 or more cars a month at a dealership. We've be doing some side work saving up a little bit of money to go out on our own and become a decent tint shop making good money. Any ideas or things to avoid? Things to help get started? All tips and suggestions PLEASE!

#2 tintmeister

tintmeister

•  100+
Good
  • Palm Desert CA

August 18 2016 - 04:35 PM

3 partners would scare me off. Do the math and see how much work you would need pull in to make a decent living.

#3 Tintguy3

Tintguy3

•  <10
Neutral
  • Georgia

August 18 2016 - 05:19 PM

That's exactly what I'm thinking just don't know how to go about it considering we all want in. Thanks

#4 Diablo's Tint

Diablo's Tint

•  2,000+
Excellent
  • Las Vegas
  • Exp: 2

August 20 2016 - 07:11 PM

It could work, but usually not a good idea. Sounds like your the leader, take the initiative and get it done. Hire them or let them be independent contractors (still being their own boss) -

#5 CaliTINT

CaliTINT

•  75+
Good
  • San Diego
  • Exp: 15

August 31 2016 - 06:13 PM

I say only have partners if necessary. If you don't have the finances to start out on your own then it may be a good idea to have a partner. Also, having a partner gives you some flexibilty in the business.

#6 WearTheFoxHat

WearTheFoxHat

•  6,000+
Excellent
  • Toronto ON
  • Exp: I read a pamphlet at the dentist about how to fill a cavity and have a dremel. Can I practice on your teeth?

September 01 2016 - 12:33 PM

Start with reading Entre Leadership

https://www.entreleadership.com/#book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users