20 replies to this topic

#13 TINTDESIGNZ

TINTDESIGNZ

aka...Jethro

•  7,000+
  • East Texas
  • Exp: 27

11 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

:lol2 Only after dark! :) But you know it seems people are cool with him giving bids for thousands to do their whole house-but want to skimp and only do the PROBLEM spots with tint! If theres good money in blinds-I'm considering offering them! Hell-I can read a tape measure and run a drill!!!! :)

#14 *willie *

*willie *
  • Guests

11 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

:) Only after dark! :) But you know it seems people are cool with him giving bids for thousands to do their whole house-but want to skimp and only do the PROBLEM spots with tint! If theres good money in blinds-I'm considering offering them! Hell-I can read a tape measure and run a drill!!!! :)

yeah but can you tint :lol2

:lol2 :)

#15 *jesse *

*jesse *
  • Guests

22 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

we are major in produce the wooden and bamboo blinds. The products include the 1" ,2",3" valance blinds etc. and the shutters are good too. and our products sold mainly in Europe such as Netherland ,Germany, Italy etc .My email:jessyzhou2006@yahoo.com.cn

Attached Images

• 06010113369407.jpg

#16 RobOnTheCape

RobOnTheCape

•  >10
  • Martha's Vineyard, MA.
  • Exp: 7-8

29 August 2006 - 11:20 PM

I've been measuring and installing blinds for a few years now, shutters as well. Iin that in the span of a week I might measure 100 windows sometimes more. Even at 99% success rate, that still means one of my measures is screwed, and if I can't make it fit I'm buying that blind.

I think to refer a blind job over to someone else and get a 10% referral might be a better option.

It's nice to walk up to and away from a film job knowing the material costs little in relation to a blind/shutter. Film ways nothing in comparison to blinds and shutters. Also, for blinds you needs parts parts and more parts/tools whereas film entails a bucket full of tools and a few extras.

Film = less stress/more money

#17 jessyblinds

jessyblinds

•  <10

14 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

very glad to know this forum. I am from China and running blinds and shutters. our shutters export to Australia and America. it is popular in the american market. kindly see our website www.delex-blinds.com

Attached Images

• wooden_shutter.jpg

#18 vclimber

vclimber

I am Signal Firendly

•  6,000+
  • I am local
  • Exp: I have some

15 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

very glad to know this forum. I am from China and running blinds and shutters. our shutters export to Australia and America. it is popular in the american market. kindly see our website www.delex-blinds.com

:beer

:beer You ought to come here and start giving first before you start taking... :beer

#19 jessyblinds

jessyblinds

•  <10

15 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

:lock

:lock You ought to come here and start giving first before you start taking... :lock

Many thanks. very willing to discuss blinds or shutter here. I provide blinds and shutters for some years. So if you have any queries on blinds or shutter, kindly feel free to contact me. I will help you choose blinds or shutter.

Attached Images

• shutter_arch.JPG

#20 Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear

I lick it, I stick it!

•  2,000+
  • Australia
  • Exp: 10

15 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

Striaight over her head :lol6

#21 Key West

Key West

•  50+
  • Rossville, Ga. (Key West originally)
  • Exp: 30+

15 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

I've been measuring and installing blinds for a few years now, shutters as well. Iin that in the span of a week I might measure 100 windows sometimes more. Even at 99% success rate, that still means one of my measures is screwed, and if I can't make it fit I'm buying that blind.

I think to refer a blind job over to someone else and get a 10% referral might be a better option.

It's nice to walk up to and away from a film job knowing the material costs little in relation to a blind/shutter. Film ways nothing in comparison to blinds and shutters. Also, for blinds you needs parts parts and more parts/tools whereas film entails a bucket full of tools and a few extras.

Film = less stress/more money

This guy is right.We got about as much business in the blind industry as Blind guys have in the film industry. When blinds are called for, I hand them a card.

I do quite a bit of installs for a "Blind Guy" who decided to get into film.Sure, he can buy all the film he wants, but can't seem to find anyone reliable who can install. (Go figger!) So he gathers up 3 or 4 hundred sq/ft worth of work, and I go up to knoxville and install.Problem is, the jobs are mostly one or two windows per home, WAAY up there. He's not gonna find a tinter who will do that for what he wants to pay. He is crying the blues at what I charge him :lol6 , but hey, without me he aint in the tint biz.I am waiting for him to wake up and figure out he's much better off referring the jobs to me at a commision. He's got alot of pissed off custys who gotta wait for god knows when until he's got enough sq footage for me to come up, and for me to have enough time in my schedule to do so.

Edited by Key West, 15 August 2007 - 11:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users