1994 T-Bird

Guest Retro Tint

Guest Retro Tint

How do you shrink this thing? Looks like a piece of cake cake but this is the window from hell! Is it just me or is there a magic combination to get this to lay down? I'm doin it mdog's soap method, but the edges curl up as opposed to laying down. I'm in total frickin dismay on this thing. Any suggestions would be greatly apppreciated. :shock

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best advice I can give you ..hard to describe over the net is to shrink the bulk of the car as normal ,but when it comes to doing the bottom corners, don't over heat them too much.

When it comes to installing, squeeqee out the bulk of the window as normal, have someone on hand on the outside with a heat gun to follow your squeegee (careful not to over heat)

The most important part : when squeegeeing the bottom corners out...reverse squeegee from the corner of the window on a downward diagonal motion going towards the bottom centre of the window with heatgun running behind squeegee on outside of glass from partner (if it won't lay down on it's own)

Not THE way...only A way :shock

when squeegeeing the bottom corners out...reverse squeegee from the corner of the window on a downward diagonal motion going towards the bottom centre of the window with heatgun running behind squeegee on outside of glass from partner (if it won't lay down on it's own)

:shock

Guest Retro Tint

The problem I'm having isn't on the bottom at all. I know what your talkin about though. How do you start the shrink on this window? I usually do a horizontal and shrink from center out. This just draws the film up tight on this particular window though. I was considering locking down the edges and going from outside in.What do you think? Anybody???

Shrink it like anyother window. When you cut out the bottom corners cut to the inside of the dots making more of a curve than a corner. It the film doesn't just snap in then tuck two large foam blocks in the corners to hold the film in place until it dries.

Guest tint rookie
The problem I'm having isn't on the bottom at all. I know what your talkin about though. How do you start the shrink on this window? I usually do a horizontal and shrink from center out. This just draws the film up tight on this particular window though. I was considering locking down the edges and going from outside in.What do you think?  Anybody???

[*]316218

I ususally go outside in, youre always garaunteed to have more material to work with, you never run off the edge. film starts getting over worked. you can always force that finger over a couple inches and shrink it there.

but then again, you mdog's soap method (ive only done it a few times :lol2 ) I do it wet.

Guest Sprinter

it must just be me but I would of priced that car at 400.00 and said thanks for calling.

why insist on headachs, case in point a friend started tinting a year ago and he had 4 cars lined up on sunday over the laborday weekend he got there at 9 am and left there at 6pm he did one car, yep one car, a bug he called me a couple of times to help him through it, he finished the car and left at 6 pm,

now what a waste of time !!!!!!!!

Archived