Dust

Guest pabloLoco

Guest pabloLoco

Howdy. Is there a safe way to remove dust from the exterior of a car other than rinsing? My car is dark green, I wash it and an hour later it is covered with a fine layer of dust. I've seen dusting cloths, but it seems that would just scratch the finish?? Any suggestions? Is rinsing it with water my only option??

Thanks

Pablo

Guest WASHBOY

You can either go to your local auto store and pick up some microfiber towels and a bottle of quick detailer. This can also be found online, just check under DETAILING SUPPLIES! But, make sure your vehicle is being protected by cleaning, polishing, and waxing. This will insure you with the fact of scratching your paint most likely wont happen. Unless there are other objects on the vehicle that could harm your paint. Just keep your eyes open and dont scrub really hard on anthing you dont know what it is!

You can either go to your local auto store and pick up some microfiber towels and a bottle of quick detailer. This can also be found online, just check under DETAILING SUPPLIES! But, make sure your vehicle is being protected by cleaning, polishing, and waxing. This will insure you with the fact of scratching your paint most likely wont happen. Unless there are other objects on the vehicle that could harm your paint. Just keep your eyes open and dont scrub really hard on anthing you dont know what it is!

[*]340045

:lol6

Guest pabloLoco

Thanks for the suggestions. A friend let me use his California Duster today and it seemed to do a pretty good job. I will also check out the quick detailer and see how that does.

Guest WASHBOY

I have seen the duster's mess up a couple of vehicles. Eventhough they say the more dirt on it will make it work better. It's not true! They really are not worth the time or money.

Guest MidcoastMW

the cali duster and Meguers quik detailer are all for FINE dust. Like if you just drove to the car show after a wash(5mile drive) you could hit it with the duster or some quik detailer.

If there is any noticable visible dust, wash the damn car.

Those products are great, and I use em.....but you have to be realistic here. Dust is abrasive.. lol. A good mitt handwash is best.

Archived