Tint Film VS Tint Spray

Guest mattcuda71

Guest mattcuda71

To start I do not do window tinting but am looking for the right solution.

I am working on a 71 Plymouth Cuda. I currently have all the glass out of it as I rebuild and need the glass tinted. I am sceptical of film as it is not permenant and usually has a tendency to show imperfections over time. I recently spoke with someone who mentioned spray on tint. I had never heard of it but it seemed logical. Could someone give me some advice on the pros and cons of the process and maybe even go as far as to offer a service recommendation of where to send the glass to have it done? Thank you in advance.

Matt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

Spray tint was popular back in the early 90's and later, it is not as prevelent as it once was and it wasnt all that popular then either. I am sure there are still some places that might do it but I think it might be a tuff find for you.

I think I am the only one that read your remark about the film showing imperfections over time and with some films you will see that but there are higher quality films out there then what you have seen on some of the cars that you are talking about. That is one of the positives to the spray tint, you dont have to worry about adhesive failure although like I mentioned, not all films are the same, it is usually the cheaper films that have adhesive problems aswell as fading.

We are in the tinting biz and we are going to tell you that film is better then spray tint, the pros to film is that like you mentioned before it is not permanent, which is good because it can be redone if it is a bad install or it gets scratched or there is adhesive failure. If you scratch the spray tint you will have to get it redone which will be more expensive and could possibly stain your new upholstry (cant remember right now if that is right spelling) that im sure your going to install. Also your are not going to get the same amount of heat rejection and and UV blockage.

I would recomend window film. Take the glass to a reputable shop and look at some of thier work and decide from thier if you think they do a good enough job to your liking, although you must remember that it is almost impossible to get a perfect flawless install, there might be a spec or 2 but that is understood (by tinters anyways its understood) :shock

To start I do not do window tinting but am looking for the right solution.

I am working on a 71 Plymouth Cuda. I currently have all the glass out of it as I rebuild and need the glass tinted. I am sceptical of film as it is not permenant and usually has a tendency to show imperfections over time. I recently spoke with someone who mentioned spray on tint. I had never heard of it but it seemed logical. Could someone give me some advice on the pros and cons of the process and maybe even go as far as to offer a service recommendation of where to send the glass to have it done? Thank you in advance.

Matt

Would you send you engine to be rebuilt at Kmart?????

If you would then go with the spray on. :thumb

If you want it done right and to look professional, use film quality film.

And to the guy that suggested spraying it on in the first place, you should give him one of these..... :spit

Archived