Laminated glass

Guest expertint

Guest expertint

Have a job on about 20 windows South facing Laminated glass..They want nv15..filled out a glass checklist and got it approved by mmm..What are my odds of a broken glass...Laminated not tempered about 4 yrs old..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

why would it break :lol2 because of heat absorbtion? I think the nv is really good with that, I could pull out my sample card and read the stats if that'd help :shock not sure, never had a glass break

Guest expertint

It's clear glass just wondering if anybody has had any problems.We did the north face of the bldg. yrs. ago no problems, just wondering about the so. face..

Guest VOLTRON

well the north I wouldnt worry about, the south you are going to have more sun and some shading issues more then likely. If it is covered by mmm then go for it. I dont think you will have a problem.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

thats a good idea...MMM's got it covered so get it and the money :lol6 if your just wondering about the way the windows face I used NV25 on some approx. 35"x72" windows 15 feet up facing to the north. there so high up they get constant sun all day long...haven tgot a call about glass breakage yet, dont think they'll be a problem

Guest vclimber

I wouldn't do it. :lol6

NV 15 is probably 39-42% SA :lol6 (need to confirm) but that is not the issue entirely. 3M says ok, but up to what dollar amount will they cover the glass breakage? $500.? Lami costs way more than $500 on even a modest sized window. So how far do you or your customer want to stick your necks out?

Laminated usually starts at 9 or 10 on the F2G chart for annealed before you even start taking into account other factors that would raise the number even higher. Anything above a "10" is not recommended on annealed glass. Heat strengthend or Tempered is a different story.

Guest darkdan

NV15 should be in the neighborhood of around 40% SA, but I have no one of finding out since I can't find that published anywhere for any of their films.

We're we just talking about how their F2G rules suck?

I think you should call their tech line or something and ask.

Archived