Yellow Pages Please Work

Guest baltimoretint

Guest baltimoretint

Im taking a chance with the Yellow Pages because all of my competitors are in them I always thought that the phone books were not that effective because of the internet but they must generate work cause people still advertise in them. If any of you have had experiance neg. or pos. please let me know ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It helps to be in there but with the internet I am down sizeing my yellow page ads most people will get at least 3 prices before making a decision you don't want to spend the money on to big of ad if there a just a few other shops if you live in an area were there are alot sometimes a bigger ad will get you better placement :ninja

Guest FilmBlazer
A buisness card size add is just right. God knows what a quarter column costs.

Amen brother... I know I'm paying over 1.5k per year for a color credit card sized ad in just one book. I think I'm in about 15 or more different yellow pages and considering two more. All together I think I spend about 6-7k on yellow pages annually. All of these independents are killing me! There's the utility book, yellow book, and all of these local independents, which are typically stronger than the utility books in that area.

In one area that I advertise in, there are literally five different phone books. What the heck!?

I get some return on them, some more than others obviously. This year I will be tracking them all VERY closely b/c I am also going to upgrade the website and downsize the yellow page listings as many others are doing.

Guest darkdan

My yellowpages.com ad doesn't work.

I'm meeting with my new rep on Wednesday about it. Either he finds a way to make it better or I'm canceling (which I could have SWORN I did a few months back, but I keep getting billed).

I'm sure by "making it work better" he means "pay us more."

Archived