A quick question!!!

Guest tintdude1982

Guest tintdude1982

IS THERE ANY LIGHTS AND DISPLAYS THAT ARE GOOD FOR TAKING ON ESTIMATES FOR FLAT GLASS? OR DETECTOR GLASS DISPLAY COMBOS? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS IM TRYING TO FOCUS MORE ON HAVING A DISPLAYED PROOF MY PRODUCT PERFORMS AS IT SAYS?

Check out the "Hot Box Demo" by guest in the classified section.

Yeah, get a "wow box". I also carry a ir thermometer for when I put samples on a customers windows. I wait 10 minutes and then pick a point where the sun is shining in through the film and a part where there is no film. Typically I will get a 8-15 degree difference where the sun is shining through the film and where it is not. This is a great selling point. Avoid using other toools, as a thermometer tells the truth.

When you can show that kind of a difference (in real life) your customer sees through the smoke and mirrors.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Yeah, get a "wow box". I also carry a ir thermometer for when I put samples on a customers windows. I wait 10 minutes and then pick a point where the sun is shining in through the film and a part where there is no film. Typically I will get a 8-15 degree difference where the sun is shining through the film and where it is not. This is a great selling point. Avoid using other toools, as a thermometer tells the truth.

When you can show that kind of a difference (in real life) your customer sees through the smoke and mirrors.

this is the same thing I do. I have a handheld one from my R/C obsession for testing glow plug temp, but it works the same way. point and shoot.

you can sit there and spit numbers all day long, and have a fancy light box, but at the end of the day you'll sell more jobs by putting film on THEIR windows and showing them the difference. plus, when their looking at a lighter film, they'll upsell to the ceramic almost every time when you show them the difference in heat rejection. one of the best $80 I've ever spent.

Guest tintdude1982

this is the same thing I do. I have a handheld one from my R/C obsession for testing glow plug temp, but it works the same way. point and shoot.

you can sit there and spit numbers all day long, and have a fancy light box, but at the end of the day you'll sell more jobs by putting film on THEIR windows and showing them the difference. plus, when their looking at a lighter film, they'll upsell to the ceramic almost every time when you show them the difference in heat rejection. one of the best $80 I've ever spent.

where do you get the thermometer and how does it work

I bought one from Summit racing for around $80 I think, but 44Tools may also carry them. :nope

Guest scottydosnntkno

just call around to motorcycle shops, car shops, etc. basically you point and push the button and it uses a laser to take the temperature of whatever surface its pointed at.

just call around to motorcycle shops, car shops, etc. basically you point and push the button and it uses a laser to take the temperature of whatever surface its pointed at.

:nope Keep guessing...

I got mine off the Matco truck. I think it was $60-$70. This is a lot easier to carry around on bids than a "wow" box...but, the "wow" box does help. Its a great way to make people feel the difference, but unless you have all types of glass handy, the glass it comes with is not gonna be the same glass that you are bidding.

Archived