How to remove stickers from tint?

Guest m11112

Guest m11112

Hi guys,

I had tints done at a local shop, and they left an advertising sticker on one of my windows... luckily, its on the tint, not between the tint and the glass... How can I remove the sticker?

Can I just peel it off? Perhaps rub afterwards with some alcohol?

Thanks.

best way is to go and have them remove it. Tell them you don't want their advertising on your window. Are you sure it is not a legal sticker of some kind that has to be there for your tinting to be legal?

Guest Sunlimited

Make sure you give the film proper dry time before you peel it off..If there is any adhesive left behind I'd wet a rag with some mineral spirits and wipe just that small area..

best way is to go and have them remove it. Tell them you don't want their advertising on your window. Are you sure it is not a legal sticker of some kind that has to be there for your tinting to be legal?

:dunno check to make sure it is not required! WD40 works great on adhesive without damaging the film. :bingo

Guest m11112

Well, I think it was some tint-safe sticker... I pulled it right off in the evening, it didn't even leave any residue. So all is OK now :spit

Guest Litespeeds

Glad you were able to remove that sticker but for those who don't know how to, the best way is to use a hair dryer and heat up the sticker. This will soften up the adhesive and then you should be able to peel off the sticker in one piece without it breaking apart. Then whatever adhesive is left on the tint, use some Goo Gone or DeSolveIt or some mild type of adhesive remove and wipe it off.

Does this make tip of the week? Haven't submitted one in quite a long time. :twocents

Archived