Film Removal and Scratching Tempered

Guest Unscratch

Guest Unscratch

Has anyone ever run into this problem? You remove film from tempered glass and then find the glass is covered with scratches? What do most guys do, especially if it's many expensive windows? We have heard a few horror stories about this happening but have never actually done any of this type of repairs. We primarily do glass graffiti removal when they scratch or acid tag the glass.

Also, does anyone know if 4 mil anti graffiti film is as good as 6 mil anti graffiti film?

Is there a good affordable anti graffiti film installer we can work with in So Cal? We only do the scratched glass graffiti removal from the glass but never got good at the film.

We have one of those film handler tools if anyone is interested in buying it. Also have a full roll of 6 mil anti graffiti film that hasn't been touched. Probably about 1600.00 dollars worth of stuff just sitting in the garage. Feel free to contact me.

Thanks. Rick Evans

Guest tintjam65
Has anyone ever run into this problem? You remove film from tempered glass and then find the glass is covered with scratches? What do most guys do, especially if it's many expensive windows? We have heard a few horror stories about this happening but have never actually done any of this type of repairs. We primarily do glass graffiti removal when they scratch or acid tag the glass.

Also, does anyone know if 4 mil anti graffiti film is as good as 6 mil anti graffiti film?

Is there a good affordable anti graffiti film installer we can work with in So Cal? We only do the scratched glass graffiti removal from the glass but never got good at the film.

We have one of those film handler tools if anyone is interested in buying it. Also have a full roll of 6 mil anti graffiti film that hasn't been touched. Probably about 1600.00 dollars worth of stuff just sitting in the garage. Feel free to contact me.

Thanks. Rick Evans

http://www.UnscratchTheSurface.com

888-986-7272

Tempered glass scratches more easily today due to 'fabrication debris'. In the past they tempered by suspending the glass sheet inside the furnace, today it lies on a roller bed. Type into any search engine the in quotations term and read all about it. It plagues the glass cleaning industry as much if not more than us window tinters.

As to 4 mil vs 6 mil for anti-graffiti its clearly better to go with the thicker material. Although Ive not heard too many here complain that a graphite pen cut through to the glass covered with 4 mil. For, acid any film thickness will protect.

Any film brand name has a rep who makes the best source for an installer who does graffiti film install, they shoe-leather the territory you're in.

If glass is scratched beyond repair, replace. :twocents

Was the glass scratching during cleaning/prep for install?

Rick, I work for a film supplier in Orange County and have several leads for you in regards to professional installers who can cover all of SoCal and beyond.

Tim.Gordon@Bekaert.com

Guest Unscratch
was reading your FAQ #6

"Do you charge for estimates?"

"If it’s an out of town job, we only charge for our expenses plus $750.00."

Is that a little steep for a out of town add on ?? :beer

I'm talking wayyy out of town. Like when it consumes 2-4 days of time. Usually this is for jobs like the one we just did at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center in Biloxi, MS. Actually we didnt even charge them. It was 7000 sq. ft. of scratched tempered glass. It just depends on the job. Usually on the bigger jobs, it's not a big deal if they really need it done. We also deduct the amount from the invoice if we do the job. It's just a way to make sure they are serious about the repairs.

Fabricating Debris

Guest Unscratch
Was the glass scratching during cleaning/prep for install?

Rick, I work for a film supplier in Orange County and have several leads for you in regards to professional installers who can cover all of SoCal and beyond.

Tim.Gordon@Bekaert.com

Feel free to contact me. Here's my cell phone. 805-295-9020 We'd love to help. We specialize in high volume glass resurfacing.

Actually will be in OC on Monday Oct. 11, 2010 and going to do a job in Del Mar Monday and Tuesday.

Feel free to contact me directly.

Glass Scratch Removal

Guest Unscratch

Tempered glass scratches more easily today due to 'fabricating debris'. In the past they tempered by suspending the glass sheet inside the furnace, today it lies on a roller bed. Type into any search engine the in quotations term and read all about it. It plagues the glass cleaning industry as much if not more than us window tinters.

As to 4 mil vs 6 mil for anti-graffiti its clearly better to go with the thicker material. Although Ive not heard too many here complain that a graphite pen cut through to the glass covered with 4 mil. For, acid any film thickness will protect.

Any film brand name has a rep who makes the best source for an installer who does graffiti film install, they shoe-leather the territory you're in.

If glass is scratched beyond repair, replace. :beer

We actually do quite a bit of "scratched beyond repair" work. Literally everyone we do work for is totally shocked that we are doing what we are doing. Look at our before and after stuff or the current jobs. scratched glass repair Most jobs we do people have been told that it can be done. glass restoration We have saved builders and contractors well over $500,000.00 this year alone. Just the one job we did in Biloxi saved them over $350,000.00! They were "sure" it couldn't be fixed!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know it can be done.

Does anyone know how to edit replies? I made a mistake on one and couldn't figure out how to get back in to fix it. Thanks.

Rick Evans

Guest Unscratch
Unscratch the Surface........you could consider becoming a monthly sponsor here.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...&hl=sponsor

Sorry about that. I will check into it. This is a great site and I know window tinters run into the problems we fix. I was actually just learning about links, etc. Hopefully no harm done. Again, thanks for the site.

Archived