All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Your glass is a weird sliver/green. I remember sticking F1 premier (slightly better platinum plus) on your car and it was better than expected but not perfect match not sure what state you're in or the local law but I'd buy way too much all metal 35 or 40 from express and move on, maybe maybe hyper ceramic if you wanna pay for the install. Nobody sells that over the counter.
  3. Express all metal maybe
  4. I know this is a long shot....2.5 years since the last activity in this topic. Does anybody have P+ for sale or a reference? Is there really no comparable alternative? Just bought an '03 RX300. Maybe someone even knows is a combination of some readily available X style film that, when applied to clear glass, nearly matches the look of RX300 glass once it's been additionally tinted with Y other certain film? Bah... Not feeling having only the back tinted, and not looking to go with the black in the front mismatch.
  5. Today
  6. highplains

First time tinting question.

A good shop should still be able to provide a quality install. You can expect a spec of contamination here or there, it's never going to be perfect, but it shouldn't be significant.
  7. All I know is graphtec but what's wrong with the Roland Thought those were high dollar
  8. halpertGTI

Here is some examples in the spoiler. The back window edge is dirty. The glass in general is not the newest, again a ten year old car. Obviously I will do my best to wipe that big mud spot but I'm saying If I can't get it perfect will the install be OK or will I need to expect a lower level quality because of these things.
  9. no ma'am

Scratch will be more noticeable after install, leave the panel on or off up to the shop. Not sure about debris situation maybe pics would help?
  10. Yesterday
  11. If you are looking at plotting the full vehicle you will need a 40” or bigger. Personally I travel and I use 3 different plotters at the shops I go to. One is a Roland, anagraph, and graphtec, out of those I will take the graphtec all day long. This is just my preference
  12. highplains

The Chat Thread

13. Bham

The Chat Thread

It was too close to the car seat for me to call it good. Couldn't do that to the little. Done tinting for the day,,, off to the new shop to paint and such.
  14. Tint Eastwood

The Chat Thread

If it was under the seat it’s fair game.
  15. Hi, I plan on getting Llumar F1 Pinnacle all around on an MKV GTI. I do have a few questions for you all.. The car is dirty, I wash it, and the next time rain hits it, there's dirt that comes out of all the crevices and I wash it again and it'll stay clean for a day or two. The window sill area has all kinds of crap from trees that are stuck. I tried blowing it out with a can of computer air duster to the best of my ability but some stuff is just stuck in there. Will this be a problem for the person who does my tint or is there some industry trick to get it clean. Should I have them remove trim panels or insist they do not? On a 10 year old car, I'm very scared the plastics will crack and introduce new rattles - but will they be able to get a clean install without removing? Finally, there is a scratch on the exterior of the glass, this shouldn't affect the install right? Thanks!!!
  16. Some of those can work. But this guy is planning to do a bumper first time out. I'm not here too wreck it for a guy that wants to learn this skill but a one off bumper warrior is almost certainly going to waste money and time in my opinion
  17. Roach

The Chat Thread

It actually is... My niece had their yearly 'Olympic Day' at school today.. been going to it since my other niece started school... so the past 8 yrs between the both of them. Next year will be the last one if my younger niece does home schooling. (and even if she doesn't - not sure the middle school does stuff like this) Anyway.. it's just for half a day.. so they were done by noon. Her team lost overall. (They split the school - K-6 - into two teams.. white vs blue - she was on white, and while her team won most of her events, overall blue won) So on the way home from her house I was thinking about work - it's been stupid slow the past two weeks - but I have no motivation to do anything to drum up work.. I dunno.. I am totally messed up and gotta figure this crap out. /rant
  18. Easier said than done... We had some diyers who installed the simple pieces, supposedly, pretty well 🤨
  19. Bham

The Chat Thread

that's rough. The toughest thing I've got going on is trying to decide whether or not to take this BlowPop I just found in this truck.
  20. jh812

Bottom Loading/ Top Loading

The seals pull on the wranglers unless it's an older style. I bottom load all I can but top loaded for 10 years so I'm good at both. Prefer bottom though most of the time cleaner and quicker for me. I'm not arguing or saying I'm better than anyone, just my opinion on it.
  21. jh812

The Chat Thread

I just had two days and that really helped increase my mood. Was getting a little burnt out.
  22. no ma'am

The Chat Thread

salesmen are killing me with ppf and windshield/sunroofs. If I could just do some normal sides and rear for awhile I might not hate work so much too many long projects
  23. Roach

The Chat Thread

Man I'm so unmotivated to tint anymore.... like... scarily so.
  24. Blackwolftinting

Bottom Loading/ Top Loading

I top install everything and tape off any doors that have felt edges(Wranglers included). I never tinted at a shop that pulled sweeps or panels, so I never learned how to do it. I have zero issues with felt since I tape it off.
  25. Bham

The Chat Thread

12 Days and I will be back in an air conditioned shop. afternoon ever E body
  26. Window film company seeking Installer/ Driver in the Greater Chicago area, to install graphic, solar, security and anti-graffiti films. Graphic and window film Installers Needed: CHB Industries, a 30 year old New York-based Company, with offices in Philadelphia and Chicago, is seeking a motivated installation technician to install residential and commercial window films and graphics mostly in the greater Chicago area. Qualifications include but are not limited to: Installation of Window Film, Strong Communication Skills, Some computer experience. Can work on ladders / scaffolding / lifts Able to communicate with high profile clients. From start to finish Must have a neat appearance and be able to represent our company on job sites. Must have clean driving record and willing to commute Must be able to work flex hours; some nights, weekends, etc. Willing to travel out of state, as this is a NY Based Company. Knowledge of window film and or graphics films is a plus Applicant does need a background in window film to apply, willing to learn installation skills. We are willing to train the right person, but a strong background in film installation is a plus. If you have a background in sign/vinyl installation, window film, construction, this could be a perfect opportunity. Full time employees are eligible for full benefits including Health Insurance, 401K, Vacation and sick time. Please email resume with why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Please reply with your contact information. I will reach out to you. Immediate Hire.
  1. Load more activity
  • Photo of the Week #630

By: no ma'am, June 15th 2019
    pic of the week #630
    Pinnacle 30 sides and rear.

Winner's Page

• Sponsors

Patterns.3M
    Stek-USA
    Autowindowtinting
    solarfx
    visualtinter.com