All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. highplains

Off Topic Chat Thread

Probably a perfect candidate for that, just didn't think about it earlier. First attempt I nailed the bottom and burned the top. Second attempt I shifted my center line up a touch, nailed the top and burned the bottom. You just can't use the lift and pull method on the bottom with the spoiler in place. Without the spoiler in place you can lift and pull both ends and it's not too bad, the spoiler is just a motherfucker to remove.
  3. no ma'am

Off Topic Chat Thread

Not a candidate for shrinking one half at a time?
  4. highplains

Decorative film suppliers?

5. highplains

Off Topic Chat Thread

I was really getting afraid that I was going to break it too. I tried it twice without removing it and if I was using a film that shrunk better it wouldn't be a problem but my 5% is super thick and I needed to be able to lift and pull the top and the bottom. Sounds like a plan Yes it's an '18 Turbo model
  6. WearTheFoxHat

Wasn't me
  7. MikeMN

Off Topic Chat Thread

Check out the ..... Decorative film suppliers thread............. Rut-Roh
  8. MikeMN

Take a guess, who do you think printed this job for me.......................... ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  9. no ma'am

Off Topic Chat Thread

Hold em down till I get back there! we can take his ass out in a field and like the printer in office space . I'm guessing this is the newest model
  10. MikeMN

11. MikeMN

12. MikeMN

13. MikeMN

Well Tom, what do you think of this printed film, would you install this.????????????????????????????????????????
  14. jh812

Global film

Been using it for nine years now with no issue. Ceramic I've been using 4 or 5 I'd say with no reported issues. @MT1 who were you buying the ceramic from and how long ago was that?
  15. jh812

Off Topic Chat Thread

Buddy of mine went to remove one the other day first pry and broke it. He said he went on to tint it without pulling it after that.
  16. highplains

Off Topic Chat Thread

I'd really love to meet a German car engineer one of these days. Make sure that Hanz knows that the six bolts holding the spoiler on the beetle are more than sufficient and that the bead of windshield urethane is wholly unnecessary and borderline criminal....
  17. Yesterday
  18. Blackwolftinting

What did you tint today?

A house.
  19. MT1

Global film

I use the High Performance Global and have had good results. The ceramic on the other hand failed after about two years.
  20. highplains

Off Topic Chat Thread

Limo on a Beetle
  21. TintDude

Off Topic Chat Thread

Ha! I've done the exact same room. Had to climb holding the conduit on the walls, on desks, around monitors/cameras etc. Sucked. Then later had to go into the main jail area and put silver 20 on this interior holding room. Punks inside slamming the glass I was working on. That sucked too.
  22. Bham

Off Topic Chat Thread

Your were correct @TintDude Not fun, but I knew that going into it. This was in the dispatch office. Sort of a big octagon type room in the middle of the jail. Trying to keep everything from shorting out or getting messed up or unplugged was not fun either. I don't like standing on peoples desks and spraying water all over their stuff. Good part is we had a runner/helper who knows how to use a film handler, so that really helped with our "up and down - up and down". All in all, it went rather well.
  23. jh812

Normal purple?

Looks like crap to me ūüėā he's right ceramic Is prone to some hazing but imo that's more than it should have.
  24. highplains

Off Topic Chat Thread

Don't drop the slip...
  25. TintDude

European forum

With the new European internet regulations I don't want to have anything specifically for Europeans and fall into some grey area, so it was folded into the general discussion section.
  26. TintDude

Off Topic Chat Thread

That doesn't sound fun. Done a couple, no fun at all.
  1. Load more activity