All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. bestdealtinting

Rear window removal

Hi tindude members Please help as I have a customer car which I removed the tint. However the rear window glue stick so hard even the glue removal doesn't make it easier to clean..it does appear similar like the flat glass glue because it behaves that way and very hard to get rid of even with glue removals..What is the situation I'm dealing with?and what way to easy clean it as it has all frosted lines as well..first time encountered on car so any advise is much appreciated!! Cheers Bestdealtinting
  3. highplains

The Chat Thread

I don't necessarily "need" them, but they are nice to have on hand. My script is super weak and just tends to sharpen my vision at a distance, they come in handy at night.
  4. Roach

The Chat Thread

That's true. I never thought about that. Never having had glasses or contacts, I can't say I'd be against either of them.... I just don't like the idea that I *need* 'em.
  5. IPATinting

The Chat Thread

Anybody that comes to get their car tinted with me gets to take a trip back to the 80’s if y’all know what I mean😂
  6. highplains

The Chat Thread

That's awesome! You might not have to, never know you could be a good candidate for lasik
  7. Roach

The Chat Thread

So.. last weekend I was with my family... mom, sister, nieces, etc. and we were out in Philly... We were waiting in line and I just causally asked me niece to see her glasses. I put them up to my face and it was like - wow!!! I can see!!! Over the years I know my eye sight has gotten worse.. like sitting here I have no problem seeing the screen on my monitor... but reading signs far away, it's blurry. Which I'm not supid... I know I need glasses... but I've resisted up until now. When I put her glasses up to my eyes and everything was clear and not-blurry.... I was like wow... like... wow. lol My parents both wore/wear glasses... My sister doesn't... but maybe it's just a matter of time for her. lol (She's younger then I am) I know we're not in the age of the Brady Bunch where wearing glasses was seen as a negative.... but still. When I was at my doc's office a year or two ago and he had me read the eye chart, I cheated. hahahahahhaha Anyway.... /pointless rant. 'evening all..... :wave
  8. no ma'am

Injuries while tinting

You ain't lived till you grab your unger by the blade from your pouch and thought why is my finger soaked Immediately By then you've realized the shitty taped up blade cap fell off and blood has started dripping from your elbow ssdd sprint to the work van and grab some super glue an a glove cuz you still gots winders to stick!
  9. Yesterday
  10. Bham

The Chat Thread

Our landlord gifted us a bigger sign for the front of the building. It's a 5foot sign now. The smaller will go on the side now.
  11. jh812

The Chat Thread

I swear I need a hobby.
  12. Roach

The Chat Thread

You should have qued up the muppets or something. Ah!! I got it! What's the stupid song.... Baby shark!!!!!! You should have qued that up. I'd even have given away my thumb drive to have it play when he got it in. So it's been like 150° for the past week.. so I haven't been out riding on the grom. A front is making its way thru the area now... but about an hour or so ago it was nice and sunny.. 95°. Figured I would go for a spin real quick. Of course half-way thru the storm clouds appear and it starts to downpour. I'm fine riding in the rain.. it's part of the gig... but it was super super windy and within minutes limbs were down on the road. As soon as it started I turned around and went home. (15 min maybe) I'm soaked to the core... and my sneakers (yeah yeah.. .i'm a squid - sue me 😛 ) are soaked. That's gonna take the longest to dry out. And of course atm this is the only pair I got. :rollseyes 'evening all.....
  13. Bham

The Chat Thread

I know you don't. Just messin But you will hear some JayZ on my playlist and luckily I can stop that other crap from playing at all.
  14. jh812

The Chat Thread

😂 Funny when I went to check on the bag that was playing. And I have no issues with Jay z at all.
  15. Bham

The Chat Thread

At least it wasn't that Lil Naz X motherfu@&*#r. And since you don't like JayZ, I'll make sure to turn off my playlist next time you are here
  16. Roach

The Chat Thread

Even though I don't do cars - it hurts when I read posts about crap jobs shops put out. While this isn't exactly rocket science, I totally agree that some people can do it, and some can't. But when you are in a service industry..........
  17. pbalentine

Kia Optima back glass

Yeah, I’ve never seen thick lines on a Kia. Probably because newer glass is just softer.
  18. Apex Tint

Injuries while tinting

Freak accident for sure! The razor had to fall perfect for it to do that kind of damage. Worst cut I’ve got from tinting is when I was playing around with shaving a frameless window. I thought it was a good idea to run my index finger across the top edge to see if my shave was below the beveled edge of the glass. Cut the s*** out of my finger - thing wouldn’t stop bleeding. Won’t make that mistake again!
  19. TintDude

The Chat Thread

Seems like they have a pretty high turnover.
  20. Gary_tintington

Ceramic tint, waste of time?

I know that. You said you could feel the radiant heat more with huper though, which is reflective, compared to qdp ceramic? If you meant their ceramic? Which I assume is not reflective. Is that right?
  21. TomTint

There are 3 things Window Film is capable of doing with heat and light. Absorb it, Reflect it or Transmit it....nothing else.. if it's not shiny...it's absorbing the heat ( ceramic ) if it's absorbing it..it will re radiate it. ..( think about asphalt ) ..soaks up the suns radiation and re radiates it back.. Film is no different.
  22. jh812

The Chat Thread

I wonder just how many ads one company can place 😂
  23. Gary_tintington

Ah, ok. I thought you guys were going on about just qdp. Then yeah if their ceramic is the same then it's hard to find anything better
  24. Gary_tintington

On a side note; I think that window film performance has reached it's peak. I hear about Stratos having the same radiant heat from heavy absorption like Tom is describing with Huper and it makes sense. I feel like Crystalline has always been on top, 60% tser 97% super magic IR rejection yadda yadda. But it's a hard sell when we also have solar fx ceramic which has the same real world feel pretty much, in a regular looking film in normal vlts (66%tser in limo) without the $600 price tag.
  25. We are a family owned Business that has been operating for 20 years. We are looking for well-qualified technicians, with a passion for growth in ever changing industry of car audio and video. Sound Solutions has 3 Great locations and we are looking for someone at each one. Just a few requirements of the job. MECP certification not required, but would be a plus. Job Duties and Necessities: Ability to perform in a fast paced environment using efficiency and skill Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor Maintain a clean and organized work environment Act with honesty, quality, and integrity at all times Motivated self-learner that keeps up with industry growth and technology Able to show up to work ON TIME ready to work. Able to show up to work with enthusiasm and a demeanor that you like your job Treat your peers with Mutual Respect. We are a team. Able to function without your Cellular Phone. Must have a current driver’s license Ability to work independently Bilingual is not required but is a big plus Communication – Fluent oral and written communication skills Motivated Self learner that keeps up with industry growth and technology Troubleshooting (Able to diagnose and discern problems) Must be available to work fulltime and some holidays based upon business needs. Please apply by email with interest and or resume. HR4soundsolutions@outlook.com
  26. ***Seeking Vehicle Wrap installer for immediate hire in our new Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA location. Brand new, state of the art, climate controlled facility with all the creature comforts. Very busy area looking for a skilled technician who wants to make a great living. VERY competitive salary / generous weekly bonus structure. Regular continuing education and training for a long term career. Possible sign on bonus or relocation assistance for the right candidate.*** Tint World, an Inc 500/5000 Company, is looking for a Vehicle Wrap Installer at its new Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA location. Ideal candidates would be clean-cut, pass a background check, as well as hold a valid driver's license. 2+ years experience in Vehicle Wraps required, with Window Tint / PPF installation a huge plus. We're offering a very competitive base salary with generous weekly bonus structure! Salary based on experience. Come join the fastest growing and highest paying auto styling and flat glass company in the business. To submit a resume for consideration contact Graham at 289-468-8468 or email store4004@tintworld.com
  27. *** Seeking proven Autostyling Sales Professional for immediate hire in our Dallas, TX location to grow our team. Brand new state of the art facility with all the creature comforts in a VERY busy area. Regular continuing education and training for a long term career. VERY competitive salary / commission structure with regular bonuses and spiffs. Possible sign on bonus or relocation assistance for the right candidate*** Tint World, an Inc 500/5000 Company, is looking for 12V Mobile Electronics & Accessories Sales Professional at its Dallas, TX location. Ideal candidates would be clean-cut, pass a background check, and as well as hold a valid driver's license. 3 + years experience in 12 volt electronics, Tint, Wraps, and Automotive Accessories sales required, with MECP certification highly preferred. We're offering a very competitive base salary against commission, with unlimited income potential including bonuses, spiffs, and incentives! Salary based on experience. Possible relocation assistance for the right candidate. Come join the fastest growing and highest paying auto styling company in the business. To submit a resume for consideration contact Arif at 972-872-8468 or email store013@tintworld.com
  1. Load more activity
  • Pic of the Week #634

By: MT1, July 13th 2019
    pic of the week #634
    "Did these window in R20"

• Sponsors

Stek-USA
    Autowindowtinting
    solarfx
    armolanusa.com
    visualtinter.com
    Express Window Films