Cutting around matrix

Guest mattstronguk

Guest mattstronguk

Thought it about time I tried this tip of the week business, please dont shoot me down if its been said before!!

If you find it hard to cut close to the matrix when using dark films and dont want to keep moving a light about inside try putting a cheap vinyl pinstripe around the matrix on the outside of the glass. When you are ready to cut just follow the line with your blade! saves time messing about with a lead light too.

p.s be gentle with me some of the replies I see are just plain scary!! :thumb:spit

Guest mattstronguk

as an edge, I usually find the cheaper the pinstripe the thicker.

I suppose you could run the blade over it, would reduce the chance of scratching.

also this method can give you a smoother straighter cut.

I cut below the matrix with 5% film all the time and never have to move the 500watt halogen work lamp around at all (cost $13) ..just throw it inside the car and cut away :eyebrows

If you don't have a good lamp, I guess it's a good idea :tantrum

Nice Tip, thats the way I allways cut the 3 rd Brakelight and the back glass`s like that :tantrum

I cut the vinyl Stripes with my small Plotter CG 60 as long and so much I need them. with the rest films of our signmaking Jobs.

needs a few seconds to finish but saves me a lot of time cutting back glass`s and side matrix windows this way! :eyebrows

Guest goldtooth
Thought it about time I tried this tip of the week business, please dont shoot me down if its been said before!!

If you find it hard to cut close to the matrix when using dark films and dont want to keep moving a light about inside try putting a cheap vinyl pinstripe around the matrix on the outside of the glass. When you are ready to cut just follow the line with your blade! saves time messing about with a lead light too.

p.s be gentle with me some of the replies I see are just plain scary!! :lol2:lol

:lol2 good tip got my vote

Guest FilmBlazer
I cut below the matrix with 5% film all the time and never have to move the 500watt halogen work lamp around at all (cost $13) ..just throw it inside the car and cut away :dunno

If you don't have a good lamp, I guess it's a good idea :dunno

Halogen worklight = smokin hot! Are you the member with the sweet getup that extends through the vehicle suspended?

Archived