Solving AM Reception with Metal Window Film

Guest rubberbizkitt

Guest rubberbizkitt

Not sure if this has already been posted.

As we all know, more and more vehicles are equiped with the radio antenna in the rear window. When installing metal film to these windows the am reseption is interfered.

The radio antenna is being grounded out by the defrosters when using a metal film which causes the interferance.

Quick solution to this problem is once the film is installed on the back glass, figure out were the antenna is and cut a seam either BELOW the last antenna line or ABOVE the 1st defroster below the antenna. This will void the grounding of the antenna with the defrosters which causes the poor reception.

I have done this procedure on a few cars that have come back because of this issue and they haven't returned.

To me, that is a good sign.

Just be carefull if your not use to cutting a seam. You don't want to splice the defroster or the antenna wire.

Cheers.

Guest darkdan

Exactly.

Look to the future. Increased prices through increased quality of products and services.

Not going back to 2 piece installs!

Set yourself apart from the competition.

This thread gets me thinking to the idea we should have a new pinned thread titled :

Official list ofKNOWN cars to have issues with metalized films.

Kinda like the " FELT ! "offical thread of known cars that need felt :boogagay2:

This thread gets me thinking to the idea we should have a new pinned thread titled :

Official list ofKNOWN cars to have issues with metalized films.

Kinda like the " FELT ! "offical thread of known cars that need felt :boogagay2:

Chrysler 300 :rollin for one

Archived