Tire Pressure Sensors

Has anybody ever heard of any problems with tire pressure sensors being effected by metalized or hybrid window films???

I have a customer that is freakin out about her windows being tinted with anything but a ceramic film. I sell ceramic films but told her that Suntek's Carbon would work too because it's a dyed film. She has a 08 Honda Civic and says that if a metal film is used that the tire pressure sensor light in her dash will engage.

Anybody know what this chick is going on and on about????

:thumb

the honda dealer told her mom not to use a metal film, and one of my competitors said she had to use a ceramic film, so it wouldn't affect the tire sensor, because it was in the glass :thumb the dealer said they had a customer with tinted windows that kept having to come back in to get the tire sensor light reset, and it would stay off for awhile but would come back on after a few days:dunno

sounds like the tires were low or had a slow leak to me, if it worked correctly, it would light up while at the dealer and not reset if the signal was being interrupted

I dont mind the upsell, but, this is a good customer of mine, and dont want her to find out later that I was trying to take advantage of the situation, like others around here do.

Guest darkdan

Well a civic rear window is very susceptible to AM radio reception loss anyways.

So tell her if she just wants the window dark, Carbon, if she wants to enjoy better heat rejection, ceramic.

Guest kevin.williams1017
Has anybody ever heard of any problems with tire pressure sensors being effected by metalized or hybrid window films???

I have a customer that is freakin out about her windows being tinted with anything but a ceramic film. I sell ceramic films but told her that Suntek's Carbon would work too because it's a dyed film. She has a 08 Honda Civic and says that if a metal film is used that the tire pressure sensor light in her dash will engage.

Anybody know what this chick is going on and on about????

:thumb

Call your local honda dealer and hopefully someone can answer that, worst case senario is a check engine light turns on? Sounds pretty rediculious, but you never know...

Archived