ACE/Security founder bankrupt

ACE/Security founder on the rocks

By Peter Kovessy, Ottawa Business Journal Staff

Mon, Jun 16, 2008 12:00 AM EST

Offices of controversial security laminate distributor cleaned out

Peter Fabian, the founder and CEO of protective window film company ACE/Security Laminates, has filed for bankruptcy after allegedly racking up a string of debts to hedge funds, investment firms and other creditors totaling more than $5.7 million.

The company, which gained publicity by blowing up cars to demonstrate its shatter-resistant windows, has been publicly accused of misleading distributors by reselling laminates manufactured elsewhere. It's also named in a pair of lawsuits filed against Mr. Fabian, alleged to have defaulted on leases for more than a half-dozen vehicles including a 1996 Bentley Brooklands.

That vehicle is allegedly still in Mr. Fabian's possession.

Meanwhile, the window laminate distributor's Isabella Street office appears to have been completely cleaned out...

http://www.ottawabusinessjournal.com/291936103430510.php

They came to my city and did a demo for all the law enforcement here and, because we do a lot of work for law enforcement here, our buddies asked us to go check it out. They were claiming their film would stop bullets and it did resist the first bullet but they were dual layering the glass with a 14 mil on the inside and a 12 mil on the outside of the glass as well. I called them on it and they said the film on the outside was only there to stop the shattering glass from hitting people that were watching. They were essentially saying the 12 mil window film was worthless. What a joke. We were sub contracted to install 14 mil window film on an Expedition for them but nothing ever came of it for them and theyre local distributor who had absolutely no experience in the window film business disappeared.

Their local 'franchisee' claims the company is still in business and has recently expanded operations. This seems a bit suspect. When I asked about the film he uses, he was very evasive. Would'nt answer the question until I mentioned Ace in Canada. The he only would discuss a bit. I get the feeling he is using something else, but, who knows...... I also questioned him about the bullet resistant film they promote. He stated that they 'only put a layer of film on the side of the glass opposite the firing area in real world situations, but stated that they put a 5-8 mil layer on the firing side for testing (skews the test) to keep glass from hitting the person firing the gun. What a load of crap. From what I have seen of bullet resistant, both sides are filmed to help resist it. I would love to have this jackass come show me the testing, and stand on the other side of the glass when I fire the gun!!!!!

Guest Texstar
Their local 'franchisee' claims the company is still in business and has recently expanded operations. This seems a bit suspect. When I asked about the film he uses, he was very evasive. Would'nt answer the question until I mentioned Ace in Canada. The he only would discuss a bit. I get the feeling he is using something else, but, who knows...... I also questioned him about the bullet resistant film they promote. He stated that they 'only put a layer of film on the side of the glass opposite the firing area in real world situations, but stated that they put a 5-8 mil layer on the firing side for testing (skews the test) to keep glass from hitting the person firing the gun. What a load of crap. From what I have seen of bullet resistant, both sides are filmed to help resist it. I would love to have this jackass come show me the testing, and stand on the other side of the glass when I fire the gun!!!!!

Why call him in the first place :krazy

Archived