suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jason

windshield strip

Just charge out the arse like we do....then you don't have to do very many and it's worth your time when you do. We charge more for an eyebrow than we do for a single front rollup, and we aren't on the cheap side of this profession :poop

We do so few of them, that it's almost hard to do one when someone wants one :beer

Just charge out the arse like we do....then you don't have to do very many and it's worth your time when you do.  We charge more for an eyebrow than we do for a single front rollup, and we aren't on the cheap side of this profession  :lol2

We do so few of them, that it's almost hard to do one when someone wants one  :lol2

[*]264907

Pretty much sums up my philosophy on the strips. :thumb

In order to not waste too much material on these suckers, I take and cut off 60" from the 36" roll (usually 5% is most popular), and then cut it into four 9" strips.  This way, I am not wasting much film (four cars from 60" of material), and the 9" width has served me good, even on the most curved windshields.

[*]264866

Exact-Oh, I do the exact same thing...

It proves my point: cut a 9" by 60" Strip in half and you've got the equivalent of an 18" by 30" piece. It shows that an eyebrow should be priced at least the same as one rollup window. Maybe more.

I use the factory edge too but when they want it to match the top I have a fast way!!

Lay the film on the cars roof use the edge as a guide..Slide it down to desired length then trim

the remaining 3"-4"s on the sides(freehand)!!Only takes a minute and if you can't freehand only 3"-4"

straight..You ain't a true tinter!! :lol:lol

I remember when I first started tinting the shop I worked for at the time only charged $10 for a strip if it wasn't thrown in for free during the sales pitch. I own my shop now and I certainly agree that it should cost at least as much as a single side window.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this