armolanusa.com

Global Window Films
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MonsterTinter

Tinting a motorcycle windshield

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

A repeat customer of mine mentioned tinting the windshield of a Harley Fatboy he has in storage (It's been an average of about 5 below in Vermont). He wants to tint the lower half of the windshield which easily detaches from the bike. I'm hesitant to do this because:

1. If Im not mistaken, these windshields are plastic. How would I heat shrink without slagging the shield?

and

2. Even if I didn't need to shrink the film how well would the tint adhere to the windshield?

Any advice or suggestions would be welcome!

:linedrink

Thanx

Hey Monster-scroll down in the general forum to Ladies and Gents-That whole thread is about tinting plastic motorcycle windshield! Just to avoid the argument! ss

" Wind shield of a motorcycle, Any Ideas?" is the title of the thread in general ...or I'll give you the short form :

Don't do it. :linedrink

:linedrink

" Wind shield of a motorcycle, Any Ideas?"  is the title of the thread in general ...or I'll give you the short form :

Don't do it. :007

[*]253665

:cold Like I said, I did my W/S on my 6 year old bike (only lower part) with out any problems :007

I did it about 2 years ago (I know I'm gonna get blasted :lol:dunno ) :linedrink

I'm wondering if lexan gives off the gases like plexi :007

If you do tint the fatboy W/S, forwarn the guy that it may not last, and that the W/S will be toast at that point though :cold

Thanks for the goto advice TintDesign! And YES TintWizard that was my first thought. DON"T DO IT!!!