Sign in to follow this  
g1craych

scion tc power window problems

ok so I did this scion tc and everything went great....this car was a piece of cake I loved doing it and it is meant for tint with the double moon roofs, its all glass across the whole top...looks sweet....any way I did pull the panels just cause it was so easy to do so.....un hooked the power windows took the panels off hooked the switches back up to roll the windows up/down did the car no sweat....the girl said today that she cant control the passenger window from the drivers side console, the window controls on the passenger side work and the drivers side works for the drivers window, the controls are lit up, but the passenger control is blinking on both the drivers side and the passengers side....I pulled it back off real quick to make sure everythings connected and it is....so I have absolutely no idea...help anybody...again both windows work with theyre own switches, just cannot control the passengers window from the driver side console....its almost like its been locked out but backwards, it locked out the driver instead of the passenger. thanks

ok problem solved I think...I'll let u know tomorrow after I talk to the girl...but I found a FAQ site on the tc and the windows have a memory function and need to be reset if they lose power....I must have actually reset the drivers window but not the passenger....very simple to do, just have to roll the window down then up and hold the switch after the window goes all the way up for 2 seconds, that is why it was blinking because it needed to be reset.....so easy fix

Interesting... be sure to let us know if it works so we all know in the future if we happen to run into the same problem. :dunno

The new Toyota 4 runner has the same problem, and solution.

Z

Thats a toyota thing Lexus is like that also. if the lights blinking you must roll it all the way down then back up

However the TC you shouldnt have to remove the entire panel just remove the one screw behind the release handle and then three panel 'pops' and the whole gasket can easily be removed.

For next time