Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest gromet

Viper Transmitter reprogram

3 posts in this topic

I have a viper alarm with remote start. The Transmitter is the little blue one that looks kinda like a cell phone with the LCD and all. the other day I was playing with the buttons and somehow the remote got deprogrammed from the car. I need to get the car to relearn the remote and have no clue how to do this. Can someone please help and give me a step by step. I know it will have something to do with the Valet button under the dash, I have found the button and have no clue what else to do.

Thanks in advance.

Gromet

Did you ever get a response in what to do? I'm having the same issue.

I have a viper alarm with remote start.  The Transmitter is the little blue one that looks kinda like a cell phone with the LCD and all.  the other day I was playing with the buttons and somehow the remote got deprogrammed from the car.  I need to get the car to relearn the remote and have no clue how to do this.  Can someone please help and give me a step by step.  I know it will have something to do with the Valet button under the dash, I have found the button and have no clue what else to do.

Thanks in advance.

Gromet

[*]313346

Open Door

Turn Ignition key to 'ON' position

Press and release Valet button ONCE

Press and HOLD Valet button (don't let it up until I say you can)

LED will flash and Horn will honk

Press the Lock button on the remote (arm button)...... btw- keep holding the valet in!

Alarm will chirp to indicat it learned the remote

NOW release the valet button, turn key off... Have margarita... you are done