Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cadillacstars

1992 Saturn Sedan

22 posts in this topic

Tried one of these yesterday with nooooo luck. tried 35NR on rear glass, in one piece. Dryer sheet (couldn't find my ivory). I could not for the life of me get it to shrink right. I've seen a bunch of these cars 2-pieced, is that a lot easier on these? If so, whats the technique. I'm extremely frustrated on this one, luckily it is a friends car. Any help, hints, trix on this window would be greatly appreciated. :shock:bingo

:bingo Seem it, overlap the 2 pieces, cut together, pull offcuts out and shazam!!!

Oz.................. :shock

I've done a few 1 piecers by dry shrinking the top half and wet shrinking the bottom.

still hard but it gets it done with no burns or creases. I always charge a hell of a lot for them.

like I saw somewhere else on here

quote them 499.00 and you dont have to worry about getting them :bingo

[*]357346

:shock NICE!!!

Oz............. :lol

Thanks for the replies. I did remove the rear deck; however, I'm curious as to where to seam it. Is it easier to seam up high, low, middle? The ones I see running around are mainly seamed pretty low. Is that the way to go? I should charge 599 for all the tint on the floor I wasted. Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies.  I did remove the rear deck; however, I'm curious as to where to seam it.  Is it easier to seam up high, low, middle?  The ones I see running around are mainly seamed pretty low.  Is that the way to go?    I should charge 599 for all the tint on the floor I wasted.  Thanks again.

[*]357564

:beer Genarally ya seam it for easy access inside, split screen into 70-30% type senario, otherwise seam it at the most servere curvature of the glass is, I.e. were you are finding the hardest part of the back glass to form, top??bottom?? up to you.. :coffee

Oz......... :twocents

I've found that if you leave a finger on each side when shrinking it's not bad at all, then when you apply it, relief cut the finger on the inside....

I recently did one of these, why, I don't know, but I did charge a bunch extra. Anyway, I did the back in 1 piece using the soap shrink method, and by shrinking mostly in the area with the circle, I was able to make it work. When done shrinking, it was still wrinkly, and I really had to work it hard to make it lay down, but the results were awesome.1pcsaturnshrink.gif