Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cadillacstars

1992 Saturn Sedan

22 posts in this topic

its not really that bad I do em wet last time took me 3 times and that was just cause I was tryin to do it with the back deck in took it out and was done in like 30 min

like I saw somewhere else on here

quote them 499.00 and you dont have to worry about getting them :eyebrows

[*]357346

That was me :trustme But is was for the Cuttlass Supreme..these cars aren't too bad IMO..simmilar shape a the Cuttlass..but not near as difficult :finger:

have you ever done one of those cutlass's without defrosters. now that window I would have to say is by far one of the hardest ever.

I also like to go old school and wet shrink that saturn backglass. haven't done one in a year or so. on the cutlass back glass, that piece is worth about two complete tint jobs. the client will pay dearly if I mess with it $$$.

quote them 499.00 and you dont have to worry about getting them :lol

[*]357346

Why would I take a pay cut on a 15 year old car? :lol

:mad

quote them 499.00 and you dont have to worry about getting them :lol

[*]357346

Why would I take a pay cut on a 15 year old car? :lol

:?

[*]380615

:mad:lol Good one ! :?

I recently did one of these, why, I don't know, but I did charge a bunch extra. Anyway, I did the back in 1 piece using the soap shrink method, and by shrinking mostly in the area with the circle, I was able to make it work. When done shrinking, it was still wrinkly, and I really had to work it hard to make it lay down, but the results were awesome.1pcsaturnshrink.gif

Thats the area I concentrate the fingers on, and where most of the shrinking takes place. The EASIEST way to do that car is in one peece. Generally, a little heat is needed to persuade the film to stick at the corners/sides, Bit other than that, Piece 'o cake!!! :beer

I've done a few of these. Unfortunately I did not own the shop then so I didn't get paid any extra. What I did was a soap shrink and I used auto tape to stretch the film. Shrank it as good as I could then put in and cut a couple of relief lines and heated the p1ss out of the corners to get it to stick. They all turned out great.

I just wet shrank this back window and installed it in 20 min then had to do the roll down 2 times lol

very hard, you gotta charge more, I did one useing 2ply exec wat a headache, but got it done in one piece ,just tell the custy to drop off car all day that way you have time