filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020
filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Al-tint

1 gig of RAM --------- COOKED

Guest Al-tint

One of my design computers works very hard. It will run two plotters at once, or the edge 2 and a plotter. Well today I am up to my azz in decal orders, soooo lets run'em all.

The edge and two plotters were all running at the same time off of one station. They all ran fine for as long as I needed them. When I shut down the computer I noticed some failure screen for a moment and then it was gone, wierd. Later tonight when I go to restart it, it goes blank and warnings up the ying.

Call Dell. Two hours later all the tests we did show that the 1 gig of RAM is cooked. Great. I overloaded it with running the three together. The hard drive should be fine, but I guess I won't be doing that again. I don't know if I can up it to 2 gig's or not. My third plotter is run off of a different system so it will keep things going for awhile.

Great.

Guest Al-tint
At least it wasn't the HD, RAM is cheap :krazy

[*]369584

Wanna bet.

Some chips are $139.00us for 1 gig.

Mine

Dell computer 3 years old, Samsung 1066 rdram rimm chip, each 512mb chip is $299.00us. That blows.

Guest Al-tint

Oh goodie, I found a place that has them for $245.00us each.

Maybe if I try all night I can find them in a trunk of an Impala for 39 bucks. :krazy

Edited by Al-tint

Guest Al-tint

Dunno?

The dell dude had me run a bunch of tests and the rimm modules are dead. I have two other dell's but the memory is newer and I could not switch them to try a fix. I cannot boot it up as the unit will not function with a dead rimm.

It has had a workout lately and the mods were hot as hell when he got me to take them out.