armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IBtintn

soap to water ratio

Guest IBtintn

ya know.... I feel retarted for even starting this topic . being that ive been tinting for over 6 years.. but do any of you use anything to measure the amount of soap you put in your spray bottle.. I have always just guesstamated, and sometimes there is to much, somtimes to little.. both suck and when it does happen im all :thumb any feed back would be appreciated :eyebrows

Guest tintfactory

I find it interesting watching others add soap, they don't seem to think of how the soap mixture will affect there tinting :thumb. I never used to measure until I started using the 5 gallon soda tanks. Now I use a dispenser pump that shows the ounces. In my tanks I fill with 4 1/2 gallons of water and use 1/2 oz of soap in winter and 2/3 oz in summer, then pressurize tank to 120 psi and they will last through 500 sqft of tinting. Seems to work out good for me. :eyebrows

:lol2

Guest IBtintn
I find it interesting watching others add soap, they don't seem to think of how the soap mixture will affect there tinting :lol2. I never used to measure until I started using the 5 gallon soda tanks. Now I use a dispenser pump that shows the ounces. In my tanks I fill with 4 1/2 gallons of water and use 1/2 oz of soap in winter and 2/3 oz in summer, then pressurize tank to 120 psi and they will last through 500 sqft of tinting. Seems to work out good for me. :thumb

:lol2

[*]372944

thanks for the info .. right now I dont do alot of com. / res. work but ill keep the info and use it when the time comes. :eyebrows

Guest S and S

in a 32 oz bottle I fill with water and use the baby shampoo and turn it up and count to 5....not slow but not fast either. How ever much that is....lol

Guest tintfactory

I use that mixture on the cars as well. My guys prefer more soap for slip but I don't have any problems

Guest tintfactory

wow alot of responses quickly. The mix I do is same for cars and flat glass 1/2 lemon joy per 4 1/2 gallon

Guest IBtintn

yea I thought that thats what most people do. I just thought someone might have something specific that they used. I cant even think of something you could use.. :eyebrows

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I use film on. a small dollup works for me in the winter,alarge dollup in the summer.