filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020
filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020

Call the company that makes the plotter. Some of them carry a tinsel that hangs on that back. As the film rides through the tinsel it acts as a static discharger. Computercut sent us some but they didn't work at all for us. :eyebrows

Thanks pro I heard from others on here that beakart had them but didn't know if they worked, I called graphtec and they have some that will bolt right on the fc7000 series. We'll see if those work.

I had issues with this as well in the past. I was actually using a cheap master plotter and I had serious problems with static electricity. I did end up grounding the unit and the difference was night and day. I have a blog post I just did and the video I did about 5 years ago. In the video you can see just how far I went with this ground. If you ground your plotter like this it may help. I do know that different types of film do carry different amounts of static. For instance Nexfil sells a reflective silver film that won't even run through my upgraded machine. It tends to be cheaper films that have a higher level of static from my experience. Anyway check out the video and I hope it could help someone. 

https://www.filmproficient.com/2017/04/07/static-electricity-solution-for-master-plotter-cutting-window-tint/

13 minutes ago, Film_Pro said:

I had issues with this as well in the past. I was actually using a cheap master plotter and I had serious problems with static electricity. I did end up grounding the unit and the difference was night and day. I have a blog post I just did and the video I did about 5 years ago. In the video you can see just how far I went with this ground. If you ground your plotter like this it may help. I do know that different types of film do carry different amounts of static. For instance Nexfil sells a reflective silver film that won't even run through my upgraded machine. It tends to be cheaper films that have a higher level of static from my experience. Anyway check out the video and I hope it could help someone. 

https://www.filmproficient.com/2017/04/07/static-electricity-solution-for-master-plotter-cutting-window-tint/

Thanks a ton for the info and the link!

8 hours ago, Midtown Houston said:

Use a dryer sheet and rub the metal and surrounding area of the plotter and thst will solve your problem.

Wow, that actually worked! Thanks!