armolanusa.com
armolanusa.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Protint

K9 units

11 posts in this topic

Today was a killer. I had two 06 Charger K9 units a 91 celica and a Ford F-150 standard cab (with the little extracab windows):lol2

Believe it or not the celica smelled better and was easier to tint than the cop cars. :lol2 Both cars had the dog package in the back with the gates in front of the windows. I was in positions that I didn't know my body would fit in while working on the rear window. I had to backroll the rear windows while dodgeing dog hair the whole time. :spit

The cars also had a sensor that would roll the windows down automatically if the inside of the car got to hot. Luckily I had the seals out so when it happened it wasn't that much of a big deal.

When I was done I smelled like a dirty wet dog :rollin but everyone was stoked with the job, especially the pooches. :spit

Glad you got through it :rollin

Have I ever mentioned I hate doing K-9 units :spit

Today was a killer. I had two 06 Charger K9 units a 91 celica and a Ford F-150 standard cab (with the little extracab windows):lol2

Believe it or not the celica smelled better and was easier to tint than the cop cars. :lol2 Both cars had the dog package in the back with the gates in front of the windows. I was in positions that I didn't know my body would fit in while working on the rear window. I had to backroll the rear windows while dodgeing dog hair the whole time. :spit

The cars also had a sensor that would roll the windows down automatically if the inside of the car got to hot. Luckily I had the seals out so when it happened it wasn't that much of a big deal.

When I was done I smelled like a dirty wet dog :rollin but everyone was stoked with the job, especially the pooches. :spit

I also tinted a charger yesterday. I'm glad mine didn't have those blasted cages lol The back window took more shriking than I remember but she came out teets. I tried Global QDP for the first time. I really liked it, it shrunk very well and cuts like buddah.

Holla.

Didja use 4 mil? I generally put 4 mil on all K-9 cars. :rollin

I always gripe about the cages and the sheriff has the trustees pull it out! :rollin

I tried Global QDP for the first time. I really liked it, it shrunk very well and cuts like buddah.

Holla.

how was the tach up of the film, did it roll off of any part of the window, and how did you shrink it, soap or powder?

I had a cage to deal with on a Prius the other day, not fun :lol2 All my days have been killers this week...add a couple random rollups and some warranty back glass to what you did and thats my day :lol2

how was the tach up of the film, did it roll off of any part of the window, and how did you shrink it, soap or powder?

QDP = quick dry plus sticks great :lol2

can you guys post a pic, im interested to see what they look like, never seen one in the UK

Didja use 4 mil? I generally put 4 mil on all K-9 cars. :dunno

4mil? :klingon:dunno you gotta be smokin dope. :lol2

We took pictures but I have been to buisy to post them. I'll try to hook it up. :hmmm