spacer
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms.com
armolanusa.com
spacer
Guest Samrasr

Taking the windows out? is it the best way?

Window out  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it best to take the car window out for a perfect tint

• Window to be taken out
    • Dont need to take window out

Guest tintgod

and I bet 99% of you have never even taken out a glass to even compare it to a job that has been done in the vehicle...so how can you even vote against something that you havent tried.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I have to agree with TG on this one, if it can be roped back in, yank it out :beer I do a ton of mobile work, so pulling glass is not always the best option for me, depending where I'm at, in an apt complex parking lot :poke I ain't yanking any glass, but if I'm in a nice shop and have the time, absolutly.

If done either way, it can look right and professional, there is a trick to doing rubber set 1/4's without pulling them, and having no light gaps with NO trimming of the rubber :thumb:poke

Mabye I'll put it in the TOTW section :beer:lol2:lol2

Guest Tom Cat

I have taken out glass before. It never comes out quite like I would want it to.

In some instances, it would be easier, but I have run into so few of those situations, I don't see it as being necessary ( plus as God Of War already pointed out you run into possible headaches like breakage :thumb ). Whatever works for you I guess... :lol2

Guest tintgod
I have taken out glass before. It never comes out quite like I would want it to.

In some instances, it would be easier, but I have run into so few of those situations, I don't see it as being necessary ( plus as God Of War already pointed out you run into possible headaches like breakage :lol2 ). Whatever works for you I guess... :poke

I have taken out hundreds..maybe thousands of door glass and have never had on break on me...but it is a possible if you dont know what you are doing or are careless..but that goes for anything. :thumb

I don't pull glass most of the time..customers love the job I give them . With that said, I respect like TG's way since he's not "wasting " his time pulling glass,but rather is efficient in his ways and is happy with the price he charges, and the outcome of the job for the time invested. :thumb

I think the poll is bogus. The best way is the way that works best for the tinter's preferred way of tinting. pulling the glass alone doesn't make a better job ... technique, experience and actually knowing the definition of "quality" and practicing that definition does :lol2

Guest naughtydog

Hi Tintman - I would be interested to hear about your trick. Your tricks work!

Naughty

Guest Tom Cat
:lol2 I was simply stating that I PERSONALLY don't see it as being necessary. I prefer not to take unnecessary chances. I've never had a lot of the things that occur in some tinters' horror stories, due mainly to the fact that I am aware of the complications that could arise in different situations. I have never broken any windows either, nor have I had any windshields break on me when removing a mirror, but that doesn't mean that it is impossible even when exercising caution. $hit happens sometimes.....

Guest Tom Cat
I don't pull glass most of the time..customers love the job I give them . With that said, I respect like TG's way since he's not "wasting " his time pulling glass,but rather is efficient in his ways and is happy with the price he charges, and the outcome of the job for the time invested. :poke

I think the poll is bogus. The best way is the way that works best for the tinter's preferred way of tinting. pulling the glass alone doesn't make a better job ... technique, experience and actually knowing the definition of "quality" and practicing that definition does :lol2

:thumb Aint it the truth :poke

Guest CajunTinter
Hi Tintman - I would be interested to hear about your trick. Your tricks work!

Naughty

Don't listen to tintman... he's full of bull :lol2 ......

:beer:poke:beer:thumb:poke