Patterns.3M
Xpel
suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rock Slide

Why tint the outside glass of a car door?

Guest Rock Slide

Okay, so I just watched an older episode of "Unique Whips" on the Speed channel the other night. Will Castro just picked up Tony Stewart's brand new Lamborghini Murcielago to customize how he saw fit. He added rims & tires, 20% tint and a few other minor items.

However, Will's tint guy tinted what looked like both the inside and outside of the door glass?? (Not completely sure about the inside, but I know for a fact he tinted the outside.) I was shocked to say the least. The tint guy had a heat gun and a couple other tools he was using on the outside of the glass. After he finished, Will even ran his hand down the outside of the glass as to "feel" the quality of the new tint job.

Am I missing something here?? I've never heard of anyone tinting the outside of a vehicle's windows. Does the weather not play a factor in damaging it? What about washing your car. Say you forget and use a brush on the windows, will this not damage the tint?

Maybe I've just been in the dark on this subject, but I have never heard of tinting the outside windows of a car before....especially on a high end luxury car like this Lambo.

Is this a commom practice in aftermarket tinting??

Guest Key West
:lol:lol:lol2 Don't quit your day job :nope

Custys ALWAYS ask that question! :lol It NEVER fails!!! :lol2:lol2 It goes on the outside and is guaranteed up to 70 MPH. 145MPH if you bought the "HIGH PERFORMANCE" film!!! :inot :lol2:lol2

Guest Rock Slide
Custys ALWAYS ask that question! :nope It NEVER fails!!! :lol:lol2 It goes on the outside and is guaranteed up to 70 MPH. 145MPH if you bought the "HIGH PERFORMANCE" film!!! :lol2:lol2 :inot

Am I missing something here? I must be a noob when it comes to tint. :lol

So it's designed to go on the outside of the car? Guess I have just never seen that done. :lol

Guest darkdan

Ever since that episode it's gotten worse.

We work with the film on the outside to cut it the right size and shape. But it goes on the inside.

Guest Rock Slide
Dude you cut the film and heat form it from the outside then install it on the inside. Make sense now :thumb

Well I figured that. It's just the way the show was "edited" you never saw the tint being applied inside the car. 10mins of telivision were spent showing the tint being cut, heat formed to the outside.

I figured he was simply forming the tint, but the camera never showed the guys doing any of the actual tint job inside the vehicle. A scene later, you see Will run his hand down the outside of the glass as to "feel" the quality of the new tint job.

Guess I should have picked up on the fact he was simply forming the tint, it's just the way the show was edited, it led you to believe he was doing the outside.

Sorry guys, I had to ask. Wouldn't you have rather me asked this dumb question now, then later down the road I tell people it's okay to tint the outside of the window? :thumb

Guest Key West
Well I figured that. It's just the way the show was "edited" you never saw the tint being applied inside the car. 10mins of telivision were spent showing the tint being cut, heat formed to the outside.

I figured he was simply forming the tint, but the camera never showed the guys doing any of the actual tint job inside the vehicle. A scene later, you see Will run his hand down the outside of the glass as to "feel" the quality of the new tint job.

Guess I should have picked up on the fact he was simply forming the tint, it's just the way the show was edited, it led you to believe he was doing the outside.

Sorry guys, I had to ask. Wouldn't you have rather me asked this dumb question now, then later down the road I tell people it's okay to tint the outside of the window? :thumb

It's better you ask it here where we can all get a chuckle than if you ask one of us in person " Does it go on the outside?" I swear I never get tired of screwing with peoples minds over that question!!! :thumb:thumb

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this