Tint Tek 2020

filmvinyldesigns.com
Tint Tek 2020

filmvinyldesigns.com
Sign in to follow this  
Reflection68

? for the vinyl guys

Have a custy who wants to cover the roof of his 1990 mustang coupe with whithe vinyl to make a replica California Highway Patrol car. Was wondering what the best way to cover it would be and if it's possible to cover in 1 peice not sure of the exact size but it will be big since the A, B and C pillers need to covered as well. What is the largest size vinyl roll I can get and how hard do you think it will be to cover the entire roof and pillers. Thanks for input in advance and will post pics asap

Shouldn't be too hard I'd imagine. Get some cast (not calendered) vinyl. Regular vinyl can usually be found in 48".

However, you might want to think about ORACAL 970RA in white. It comes in 60", usually sold by the yard, has the air release glue on it (looks like alligator skin that has air channels in it so you don't get bubbles).

Shouldn't be too hard I'd imagine. Get some cast (not calendered) vinyl. Regular vinyl can usually be found in 48".

However, you might want to think about ORACAL 970RA in white. It comes in 60", usually sold by the yard, has the air release glue on it (looks like alligator skin that has air channels in it so you don't get bubbles).

Yeah, go with the oracal or Avery 1005 EZRS printable vinyl, I don't know if the Avery is sold by the yard, but someone on this forum might have extra laying around... any way, go with cast

ORACAL 970RA isn't printable. It just comes in certain colors and doesn't require a laminate.

darkdan knows his stuff, I didn't even think about the laminate....the avery is really thin, so needs laminate for sure...sorry!

Naw....I just remember seeing it in a catalog. LOL.

Hi guardiangraphics, I use this Oracal stuff now for a long while and its perfect for covering a car roof.

Ive done some Hoods n Car wraps with it. N no probs with it .... never.

Works perfect got some pics made with the stuff in black on a Porsche hood

see here

DSC00543.jpg

that looks awesome, we generally don't install vinyl on hoods like that unless it is printed, carbon fiber, water, etc. Oracal has been great on doing some of our jobs though, have you ever had any problems with wet application with oracal????