Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackOnBlack

A Question for the professionals.

14 posts in this topic

Hey...quick question

Ive just recently received my medical exemption card for vehicle sun screening.

I originally wanted to tint my vehicle with 25% all around, 30% at least, however, I dont think ill get away with it, even with this medical exemption.

On the card it states.

Front-side windows:

% visible light transmission = 60

% visible light reflection = 8

This is basically what they are allowing me to have on my front windshields...

Can someone please explain that to me. I assume that means I can only apply 40% on my front windows? If so what does that do? I have a medical condition and my previous non registered vehicle had 35% on the front windows, that didn't do any good.

Thanks in advance.

well, I havent finished my morning coffee so dont take it as the holy grail of info but I'd guess it means you are allowed 60% VLT on the front roll ups. From your info it sounds like you cannot do your windshield, I'm going by what I read in your post though. The VLT is how much light transmits through the film and the reflectance is how much it throws back off the tint. 8% is very low reflectivity FWIW.

I'll check back once I'm really awake to see if this answer is right.... Paging Darkdan we need a know it all

.... Paging Darkdan we need a know it all

:thumb

that does not sound like a very goo d medical waiver. Go back to the Dr. and splain to him what you think you are needing for your condition.

What state are you from?

Sounds like you can install a UV clear or 70% type product. Even then you may be past the 60% limit.

Time to go back to the doctor.

Of course, maybe the doctor understands how light transmission works and understands your medical condition and has deemed this appropriate.

any film is going to cut out the UV . 70% is good enought to cut the UV but I recomend that you use V-Kool so that you get the UV and Infared protection. V-K 70 should be your answer and you will love the heat rejection it provides. Solar Gard has a Infared film as well if you can get your hands on v-Kool. By the way what state are you in????

Aww man, im in the state of New Jersey, on the card it allows the windshield to be tinted with Clear (UV), on the front-side windows it allows (Shade)visible.

I didnt want to tint the windshield in the first place, just the front windows, I wonder if I get pulled over with 30% film on the front side windows and show the officer this garbage of a medical exemption, will he pull out a device to measure what it says on the card?

By the sounds of your post is seems as if it is the visible spectrum you are looking to reduce. If you have a medical condition whereby you are sensitive to excessive glare then you need to return to your doctor and look request greater visible light reduction.

If you are allergic to UV then you are fine, most films reduce 99% + UV regardless of darkness.