Sign in to follow this  
Guest sharkstooth

Tennessee contact for exemption

Guest sharkstooth

Hello all,

I am living in Tennessee, and my wife is a transplant patient. She needs to tint darker than legal, and has a Doctor statement for this. Does anyone have any contact information for this? We have called everyone from the Dept. of Safety, DMV, County Court Clerk, etc. No one seems to know anything. I think I read a post from Key West or someone else saying they had contact info for TN. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Guest sharkstooth

Update--I finally got connected to the right person. The exemption is done through the Driver Improvement Department at the Tennessee Department of Safety. You have to send them a copy of a Dr. statement along with a legible copy of the vehicle registration that you want to tint darker than legal. They said it could take 4-6 weeks to process and get the exemption decal.

Guest Key West
Update--I finally got connected to the right person. The exemption is done through the Driver Improvement Department at the Tennessee Department of Safety. You have to send them a copy of a Dr. statement along with a legible copy of the vehicle registration that you want to tint darker than legal. They said it could take 4-6 weeks to process and get the exemption decal.

Sorry for not getting back to you. Glad this worked out. If you have any further questions, or need further help, all my contact info is on the web at www.tamingthesun.com

Lets compare notes. The info I had was about a year old, and the guy was about ready to retire.

Sorry for not getting back to you. Glad this worked out. If you have any further questions, or need further help, all my contact info is on the web at www.tamingthesun.com

Lets compare notes. The info I had was about a year old, and the guy was about ready to retire.

:tinttank:

Guest Zsmith
Hello all,

I am living in Tennessee, and my wife is a transplant patient. She needs to tint darker than legal, and has a Doctor statement for this. Does anyone have any contact information for this? We have called everyone from the Dept. of Safety, DMV, County Court Clerk, etc. No one seems to know anything. I think I read a post from Key West or someone else saying they had contact info for TN. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance.[/quot

Hey shark tooth I'm needing help on the sticker I went to me Familey doctor about today and she has called 4 or 5 diffrent numbers and no one knows I drive 2 and 3 hours 1 way to work with migraines from exclusive amounts of light and I finally got stop for the tint and he Said ther is tint exempt sticker and went and seen my famiely doctor for it is there any numbers or info u could help me with to get to my doctor to make things easier thanks and I'm from tennessee

Guest Zsmith

Hey shark tooth I'm needing help on the sticker I went to me Familey doctor about today and she has called 4 or 5 diffrent numbers and no one knows I drive 2 and 3 hours 1 way to work with migraines from exclusive amounts of light and I finally got stop for the tint and he Said ther is tint exempt sticker and went and seen my famiely doctor for it is there any numbers or info u could help me with to get to my doctor to make things easier thanks and I'm from tennessee

The exemption is done through the Driver Improvement Department at the Tennessee Department of Safety.