Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curiousjane

i have a 1994 twin cam...

28 posts in this topic

The S series you have Scotty is easier than the older ones because you have to pull the rear deck on the old ones and it is a trickier shrink. I hear you though on your car. It has a pretty good curve. That was the back window I learned how to shrink on. I didn't realize how curved it is. Now I have done hundreds and hundreds of them so they are easy peasy.

I find on the old ones it is better to wet shrink the top and dry the rest....or is it reversed. Crap I can't remember. I haven't done one in a while

Are the 2001 Saturn back glass and the 99 Cavalier back glass pretty much the same ?

Gonna have one of those to do in the near future.

To Me neither one of those is hard to do if You take Your time. :beer Just alot of shrinking on the cavalier.

The S series you have Scotty is easier than the older ones because you have to pull the rear deck on the old ones and it is a trickier shrink. I hear you though on your car. It has a pretty good curve. That was the back window I learned how to shrink on. I didn't realize how curved it is. Now I have done hundreds and hundreds of them so they are easy peasy.

I find on the old ones it is better to wet shrink the top and dry the rest....or is it reversed. Crap I can't remember. I haven't done one in a while

I guess thats true I do remember dealing with the deck. The last and only one I did was like 4 years ago. It took me like 10 times to get my window done with no creases, but it was one of the first ones I ever did :beer

Are the 2001 Saturn back glass and the 99 Cavalier back glass pretty much the same ?

Gonna have one of those to do in the near future.

depends on the type of saturn your talking about. The SL's like mine are hard to me, the L series are easy :beer

not only are they a pain but the headliner and backdeck usually falls apart by just touching it from sun damages. Usually getting dirt under the tint. Might be best to take out rear deck on the bad ones

have a 1995 Saturn SL2 sitting here ready to tint....I do every window I have done 1 piece...this one is making me think twice about that. Any tips on doing this thing? I almost kind of had it and then CREASEEEE....tips?